Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has every ZD / ZD back owner given up  (Read 138617 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Has every ZD / ZD back owner given up
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2007, 09:48:06 am »

Edmund,

in denial of what? Did I deny something? And certainly not that Mamiya is now selling this back or camera!

What the hell do you want to say?

My point is just that I don't understand why they can sell at this price, basta!

Thierry

Thierry,

I would suggest you stop being in denial and notice that the Mamiya back is now *in stock* at retailers all over the world. The Mamiya dealer network is good, and the back encourages sales of lenses and bodies.
Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141209\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

David WM

• http://
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2007, 10:41:19 am »

My point is just that I don't understand why they can sell at this price,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141210\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd suggest that they cannot afford to sell above their price. Their product is not as refined as the existing MFDB players and they are obviously aware of that. Their future must depend on getting a foothold into this market and it may be that they are prepared to sell an unsustainable level in order to get market share. I suppose they could invest more time and money to improve the product in order to make a more competative product, but if there is no price advantage, why wouldn't the purchaser just stick with the proven performers, and by the time they had perfected it the 22 mp chip would be too old, so time was against them as well.
I suppose we'll all find out if and when they do a new model with a new chip. I expect that if their pricing depends on using chips that are 1 generation behind the others we won't see that until the current state of the art chips have been superceded.
David

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2007, 10:51:29 am »

I think Mamiya are smart -- smart as a whip.  

The writing's been on the walls for DSLRs to have 20+ MPX sensors for awhile.  Isn't it interesting how the ZD is priced just a little bit more than the Canon offering?  Sure, it's Apples and IBMs -- until you look at your checking account.  Guys like me who stagger at $30K for a MFDB system are looking very, very hard at both the ZD and Canon/Nikon, and wondering just how much better my output would be if I did jump up to Phase/Leaf/Hassy/Etc.

At some point in the not too far future, these questions will be moot, because the recording technology will be indistinguishable from perfect replication, and the only thing we'll have to offer our clients is the Moment and the Look -- stuff you can't put in a box.

It's not so comfortable sitting on the fence, sure.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:15:08 am by SeanPuckett »

JIMMY K

« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2007, 11:57:06 am »

Being your first post, why not give us some background info so that people won't dismiss you as a troll...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Troll?  What a nice welcome.  I do not think I will bother with this thread.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2007, 12:11:32 pm »

don't feel offended, Jimmy. This is quite a normal thing, to ask for some kind of background and identity information. It is so easy to write about all and anything under the covert of anonymity.

Welcome here.

Thierry

Troll?  What a nice welcome.  I do not think I will bother with this thread.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141231\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

jmboss

« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2007, 03:14:01 pm »

To Jimmy K,

Again welcome. Don't give up on this forum so quickly. Can you elaborate further about what you have in the way of information about pending improvements to the ZD line?

People are alway sceptical about blanket statements. Give us a little more detail.

Hang in there.

Thanks.

Joe Bossuyt
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up