Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lee Wide Angle filter hood with wide angle lenses  (Read 2814 times)

Khurram

Lee Wide Angle filter hood with wide angle lenses
« on: September 04, 2007, 11:56:29 am »

I need to replace my Lee wide angle hood as it has seen better days.  I noticed that they have a new hood that has a slot for their circular polarizer and two filter slots.

I just wanted to know if anyone has used their new hood and let me know if there is any vignetting with canon's wide angle lenses like the 16-36L II or the 24-105L.

With my old hood, i found that i generally needed to be at around 18mm to avoid vignettting.  However, last year i ran into a guy using the new Lee hood/polarizer with the 5D and 24-105L.  He was complaining that he was getting vignetting, however, he was also extending out the collapsable hood, so that would have definately caused the vignetting.  I'd like to know if the hood is flat, if vignetting will occur with either of the lenses i've listed.  

I'd also appreciate some feedback on the build quality of the new hood, as it did not seem as durable as the original 2-slot wide angle hood i have (that doesn't hold the Lee circular polarizer).
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

rinderart

• http://www.rinderart.com
Lee Wide Angle filter hood with wide angle lenses
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 03:47:36 pm »

I need to replace my Lee wide angle hood as it has seen better days.  I noticed that they have a new hood that has a slot for their circular polarizer and two filter slots.

I just wanted to know if anyone has used their new hood and let me know if there is any vignetting with canon's wide angle lenses like the 16-36L II or the 24-105L.

With my old hood, i found that i generally needed to be at around 18mm to avoid vignettting.  However, last year i ran into a guy using the new Lee hood/polarizer with the 5D and 24-105L.  He was complaining that he was getting vignetting, however, he was also extending out the collapsable hood, so that would have definately caused the vignetting.  I'd like to know if the hood is flat, if vignetting will occur with either of the lenses i've listed. 

I'd also appreciate some feedback on the build quality of the new hood, as it did not seem as durable as the original 2-slot wide angle hood i have (that doesn't hold the Lee circular polarizer).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137240\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
works fine with my 17-55 nikon on D2X
Pages: [1]   Go Up