Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 1800  (Read 1975 times)

thewanderer

epson 1800
« on: September 02, 2007, 01:24:41 am »

I have a epson1800,   for a while it feed and worked consistently, however, now,  when i hit print sometimes, it will feed the paper strait through, with out stiopping to print. the media message will appear, i reload, hit the blinkning red light button at the top, sometimes, it feeds to print, and sometimes it feeds through again, sometimes 3-4 times.  I will often unattach, restart,  or turn off both computer and printer,  sometimes that clears the problem for a print or two then back to the feed problem.  i noticed it more prominently after i used a heavier hamenule paper,,

i use a macbook, with the latest OS,  any ideas or thoughts on what this may be about??

thanks in advance,  

Kim

Bill in WV

epson 1800
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 03:05:56 am »

I have a epson1800,   for a while it feed and worked consistently, however, now,  when i hit print sometimes, it will feed the paper strait through, with out stiopping to print. the media message will appear, i reload, hit the blinkning red light button at the top, sometimes, it feeds to print, and sometimes it feeds through again, sometimes 3-4 times.  I will often unattach, restart,  or turn off both computer and printer,  sometimes that clears the problem for a print or two then back to the feed problem.  i noticed it more prominently after i used a heavier hamenule paper,,

i use a macbook, with the latest OS,  any ideas or thoughts on what this may be about??

thanks in advance, 

Kim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136836\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not familiar with your paper, but I have had similar problems with some Staples paper. I found a "good deal" on some Staples Photo Supreme Matte that is 61lb 10mil and has given me the same problems you are describing in my R1800. Lighter weight papers and alll Epson papers I have tried seem to work just fine.

Aw, what the heck, I don't have any profiles for it (the Staples Paper) anyway.

Bill in WV
Bill Evans
 Currently shooting with Canon
Pages: [1]   Go Up