Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rendering Previews - Everytime?  (Read 2512 times)

EarlyMan

Rendering Previews - Everytime?
« on: August 31, 2007, 10:14:07 am »

Hi -
I have LR set to render standard size previews upon importing. However, each time I visit a folder, all of the picture have the 3 little dots in the upper right corner of the frame (indicating that the preview is rendering). Even if I wait until all of the images are finished rendering, upon re-visiting the folder the 3 dots will reappear, and the images will re-render.

Why is this happening? Do I have something set wrong in preferences? (Bridge doesn't handle its previews this way).

Thanks for the help!

-E

francois

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 10:23:08 am »

Hi -
I have LR set to render standard size previews upon importing. However, each time I visit a folder, all of the picture have the 3 little dots in the upper right corner of the frame (indicating that the preview is rendering). Even if I wait until all of the images are finished rendering, upon re-visiting the folder the 3 dots will reappear, and the images will re-render.

Why is this happening? Do I have something set wrong in preferences? (Bridge doesn't handle its previews this way).

Thanks for the help!

-E
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136549\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The three dots is not an indication that LR is rebuilding standard-size previews. LR probably collects data and displays thumbnails along with other info you have selected (like photo #, rating, color, flag, etc.).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 11:04:33 am by francois »
Francois

EarlyMan

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 12:46:59 pm »

The three dots is not an indication that LR is rebuilding standard-size previews. LR probably collects data and displays thumbnails along with other info you have selected (like photo #, rating, color, flag, etc.).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136553\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi -
What you're saying could be true, but while the 3 dots are present, the image(s) are extremely distorted and virtually unviewable. As soon as the dots disappear, the images are razor sharp. Is this not the same behavior that you witness on your computer as well?

francois

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 01:13:53 pm »

Hi -
What you're saying could be true, but while the 3 dots are present, the image(s) are extremely distorted and virtually unviewable. As soon as the dots disappear, the images are razor sharp. Is this not the same behavior that you witness on your computer as well?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136594\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, I also see that but it's not standard-size previews being rendered again. As I wrote above, I think that it just thumbnails, rating, colors, flags and badges data collected and then rendered to screen. By the way, I don't see distorted thumbnails but they are fuzzy until the "…" disappear.

Try to use different view options to see if speed improves. On my Macs, sometimes the "…" are displayed, sometimes not. It can take up to 3-4 seconds (dual G5, 30" monitor). It's faster on Intel powered Macs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 01:27:28 pm by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up