Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inquiries relating to Leaf 75S  (Read 3495 times)

jing q

• we are super
Inquiries relating to Leaf 75S
« on: August 26, 2007, 03:12:37 pm »

Firstly, I'm looking at a Leaf 75S and I'm wondering what prices people are getting
Just for reference, I see that MAC is selling theirs to students at $24 746
I wonder if anyone has gotten a better price, and whether there is a waiting period involved in getting the back.

Also, what is the wait time involved in getting a back?I have a project coming up in october that I wish to purchase this for.

Finally, I am very interested in the Leaf AFi but I haven't heard of it being available yet and in that case I may end up getting one for the Mamiya AFDII. At the same time I feel like it might be a waste if I get that and then the Leaf AFi comes out shortly after... I noticed there were some early bird deals where you buy a certain camera first and then they exchange the back for the new mount when the cameras were ready, I'm not sure whether there are any such deals around (or was I hallucinating when I thought I heard about these deals?

I'm also wondering if I should be expecting any new digital backs to be announced since the camera show is coming up in september...

I am calculating all my costs involved (including getting a Mac and camera body+lenses) so I would like some feedback regarding this, especially pricing since that will determine what I get.
decisions decisions decisions.Makes me want to stick to my film.

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 03:20:01 pm »

also, was wondering if anyone has gotten a better price in Asia (I fly between asia and ny quite often). I'm aware hong kong has good pricing but I can't find the information on  their pricing right now.

Natasa Stojsic

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 03:20:18 pm »

Firstly, I'm looking at a Leaf 75S and I'm wondering what prices people are getting
Just for reference, I see that MAC is selling theirs to students at $24 746
I wonder if anyone has gotten a better price, and whether there is a waiting period involved in getting the back.

Also, what is the wait time involved in getting a back?I have a project coming up in october that I wish to purchase this for.

Finally, I am very interested in the Leaf AFi but I haven't heard of it being available yet and in that case I may end up getting one for the Mamiya AFDII. At the same time I feel like it might be a waste if I get that and then the Leaf AFi comes out shortly after... I noticed there were some early bird deals where you buy a certain camera first and then they exchange the back for the new mount when the cameras were ready, I'm not sure whether there are any such deals around (or was I hallucinating when I thought I heard about these deals?

I'm also wondering if I should be expecting any new digital backs to be announced since the camera show is coming up in september...

I am calculating all my costs involved (including getting a Mac and camera body+lenses) so I would like some feedback regarding this, especially pricing since that will determine what I get.
decisions decisions decisions.Makes me want to stick to my film.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135643\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you talking about the A65s or A75s because I got the quote on A75s $32,500

If you buy it, please PM. I am interested and I would love to buy one but it is out of my reach at ''$32,500.00'' this point. However, for $24,746  I am already interested.
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 04:20:16 pm »

i do not know the current price list but I do know that if you with an educational institution you may be qualified to get an educational discount from Leaf. Some other companies including Hasselblad have similar programs.  I am a professor at a university have been able to qualify for some of the programs.  Mark

If you buy it, please PM. I am interested and I would love to buy one but it is out of my reach at ''$32,500.00'' this point. However, for $24,746  I am already interested.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135647\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

RicAgu

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 04:29:17 pm »

I met with a Sinar rep the other day and he assured me the Sinar version of the AFI will be avialble this year by October the latest early November.

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 01:13:13 am »

If you buy it, please PM. I am interested and I would love to buy one but it is out of my reach at ''$32,500.00'' this point. However, for $24,746  I am already interested.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135647\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's funny, I was assuming that people got better deals depending on negotiation, based on how hush hush everything is...

Henry Goh

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 05:50:46 am »

That's funny, I was assuming that people got better deals depending on negotiation, based on how hush hush everything is...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135715\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's what I thought too...

Henry

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 10:29:17 pm »

hi, no input from anyone?I'm still on the fence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up