Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ink buildup on Epson 3800 prints?  (Read 2211 times)

madmanchan

• Web
Ink buildup on Epson 3800 prints?
« on: August 25, 2007, 08:33:16 pm »

Hi,

I've been seeing some ink buildup issues on my Epson 3800 when printing to glossy, luster, or semi-gloss media (this includes the f-type papers such as the Innova FibaPrint ones). What happens is that in dark green-yellow transitions and deep red-magenta areas, the print looks more grainy than usual. Upon close inspection (or sometimes not-so-close inspection) the color transitions are a bit rough. It's almost as if the paper has hit its ink limit. I'm not sure whether this is specific to my printer, or affects all 3800's in general.

If the other 3800 users read this, I'd appreciate if you could chime in and tell me if you've seen this.
Note: this doesn't happen on matte papers, just PK papers.

Note 2: typically you have to view the print 12" or closer, and the print has to be well-illuminated, to see the effect.

Thanks,
Eric
Eric Chan

dgillilan

Ink buildup on Epson 3800 prints?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 08:46:46 am »

Hi,

I've been seeing some ink buildup issues on my Epson 3800 when printing to glossy, luster, or semi-gloss media (this includes the f-type papers such as the Innova FibaPrint ones). What happens is that in dark green-yellow transitions and deep red-magenta areas, the print looks more grainy than usual. Upon close inspection (or sometimes not-so-close inspection) the color transitions are a bit rough. It's almost as if the paper has hit its ink limit. I'm not sure whether this is specific to my printer, or affects all 3800's in general.

If the other 3800 users read this, I'd appreciate if you could chime in and tell me if you've seen this.
Note: this doesn't happen on matte papers, just PK papers.

Note 2: typically you have to view the print 12" or closer, and the print has to be well-illuminated, to see the effect.

Thanks,
Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135529\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Eric,
I use an Epson 3800 but have not experienced the issues you note,
Debra
Pages: [1]   Go Up