Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DNG Options  (Read 2071 times)

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
DNG Options
« on: August 25, 2007, 04:35:06 am »

This has prabably been discussed a hundred times but..

I am new to working with DNGs (created from with a sinar 54LV) having switched from a propietry 'eyelike software'

Im using bridge and ACR

I cant really get a handle on the ACR interface - I prefer to adjust curves (RGB seperately)

What other options are out there ?

I use a pretty pedestrian computer (Mac 15ghz 1gbram laptop)  - so fast and low tech is good

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
DNG Options
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 10:13:02 am »

I cant really get a handle on the ACR interface - I prefer to adjust curves (RGB seperately)

There's no reason to do this or need to do this in CR. Curves are for fine tone tweaks. The various Exposure, Fill, Black etc sliders are for doing the big work in this converter.

Read the article posted here by Mark Segal about curves and you'll soon see this individual RGB curve adjustment is of little use. Certainly not at all necessary in CR or Lightroom.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
DNG Options
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 01:35:00 pm »

There's no reason to do this or need to do this in CR. Curves are for fine tone tweaks. The various Exposure, Fill, Black etc sliders are for doing the big work in this converter.

Read the article posted here by Mark Segal about curves and you'll soon see this individual RGB curve adjustment is of little use. Certainly not at all necessary in CR or Lightroom.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135431\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well I DL'd Silkypix and within two mins my images were looking good to me

I am sure all raw converters are just applying a simlar set of transforms to the original file data,  while I am sure my adjustments are possible in CR I just cant get where I want fast out of that user interface

Even the scalability of some of the windows makes it a winner for me compared to ACR

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up