Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 Pro V 4.0  (Read 6009 times)

Henry Goh

C1 Pro V 4.0
« on: August 25, 2007, 04:21:54 am »

I just attended a Phaseone workshop with a speaker from LA who shoots fashion and beauty. At this workshop, Phaseone staff demoed a partialliy working V4.0. The user interface certainly got uplifted and refreshed. Speeds look good and layout is also very tidy. There are some new tools but the one I like is the Shadow and Highlight. Seems to me if you like LR's Highlight, Shadow, Light and Dark sliders, the S & H sliders on V4 will be welcomed. Price quoted was EURO 99 but I'm not sure if he meant Pro although demo was for Pro. Free upgrade for current Pro and DB owners.

I think despite having to wait and whine for so long, the end is near and it appears the reward is quite sweet.

One question I forgot to clarify is, if we bought V3.7.7 and are promised a Free upgrade to V4, would that upgrade count against the 2 upgrades that normally comes with C1 Pro?

BTW, heard that Michael will be a Phaseone speaker at a workshop in Singapore come Feb 2008.

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 09:42:04 am »

...One question I forgot to clarify is, if we bought V3.7.7 and are promised a Free upgrade to V4, would that upgrade count against the 2 upgrades that normally comes with C1 Pro?
...[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Henry I'm not sure if this completely clarifies the answer to your question or not, but [a href=\"http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?t=3741&sid=78bf6abfd287d1de1f66e425ae277e06]this thread[/url] on the C1 support forum contains this statement:

"You’ll get 4.0 for Free and the next major UpGrade for Free as well."

That seems to apply though to those of us who bought earlier versions.  If those who are buying v3.7.7 currently are being promised what sounds like an additional free upgrade to v4.0, then it's possible you'd get two more major upgrades, not just one.  

Of course, at the rate they're turning out major upgrades, you might be retired by then anyway.  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Henry Goh

C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 10:50:04 am »

Henry I'm not sure if this completely clarifies the answer to your question or not, but this thread on the C1 support forum contains this statement:

"You’ll get 4.0 for Free and the next major UpGrade for Free as well."

That seems to apply though to those of us who bought earlier versions.  If those who are buying v3.7.7 currently are being promised what sounds like an additional free upgrade to v4.0, then it's possible you'd get two more major upgrades, not just one. 

Of course, at the rate they're turning out major upgrades, you might be retired by then anyway.  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135421\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nill,

My impression is in this case of buying V3.7.7, one will get V4.0 Free and the 2 standard upgrades are still intact.  But like all things with Phaseone, it is difficult getting their people to give a straight answer.

Henry Goh

C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 08:23:51 pm »

I bought version 3.5 (I think) 3 years ago and have yet to use an upgrade, still two left. So I wouldn't really worry about it. V4.0 will use one upgrade for me and maybe for others purchasing 3.7.7 and the other upgrade will get used years from now. Basically I bought it once and will have about 5-7 years of use with the upgrades.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135518\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That makes C1 Pro much cheaper than say Photoshop as a product.  Good to know.  Thanks.

jklotz

• http://www.jamesklotz.com
C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 07:49:29 am »

Any word on an official release date yet?

Henry Goh

C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 07:52:19 am »

Any word on an official release date yet?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135930\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

At the workshop, Phaseone had a slide showing the new features found in V4.0.  At the bottom of that slide was a date - November 2007.  Not sure if they meant  Pro or LE version by Nov 2007.

Henry Goh

C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 08:22:46 am »

At the workshop, Phaseone had a slide showing the new features found in V4.0.  At the bottom of that slide was a date - November 2007.  Not sure if they meant  Pro or LE version by Nov 2007.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135931\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have just received an email from Phase One with regard to free upgrade to V4.0 if I purchased V3.7.7 now.  Thought I share this with you guys:

Dear Henry,

You will be entitle to the new Capture One 4 if you purchase Capture One PRO 3.7.7 today.

It will not deduct an activation, before you activate the Capture One 4 PRO version when available next year.

The price of Euro99 is for the Capture One 4, the price of Euro499 is for the Capture One PRO

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 11:05:41 am »

when available next year.

Ouch!  

By then there will have likely been a couple more Lightroom/Camera Raw releases,
a revamped and reworked Flexcolor,and upgrades for Aperture and Raw Developer.

As a C1 pro user I gotta say it feels like Phase is struggling with this one

Mark

DavidP

• papas.com
C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 09:33:25 pm »

There is a new forum on Phase Ones users group for V4 Beta, nothing on there yet. I signed up for beta testing, maybe we will see something soon.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 04:32:39 am »

There is a new forum on Phase Ones users group for V4 Beta, nothing on there yet. I signed up for beta testing, maybe we will see something soon.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136289\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
How does one sign up for the beta ?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Henry Goh

C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 04:51:18 am »

How does one sign up for the beta ?

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136332\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Go to Phaseone site and go to their downloads...
you will see an option for Beta Testers when you key in your personal particulars to d/l.

As far as I know, no one has received a response as Beta tester after registering their interest.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 05:00:19 am by Henry Goh »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 05:21:33 am »

These guys are crazy, 500 US$ for the Pro version???

They'd better be real amazingly good when Raw DEvelopper and Lightroom can be bought for much less...

Regards,
Bernard

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 12:08:07 pm »

C1 used to be my main raw processor for my 10D (now 5D). But lately I've been using DxO and I'm finally beginning to play with the newest ACR. Lightroom is installed and waiting for me to have time to give it a decent tryout.

I have just downloaded the C1 4.0 Beta, but I agree with others that C1 has an awful lot of catching up to do by now.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Snook

C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 12:40:51 pm »

C1 used to be my main raw processor for my 10D (now 5D). But lately I've been using DxO and I'm finally beginning to play with the newest ACR. Lightroom is installed and waiting for me to have time to give it a decent tryout.

I have just downloaded the C1 4.0 Beta, but I agree with others that C1 has an awful lot of catching up to do by now.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136391\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Interface looks a lot like Lightroom...:+}
What limits do the beta have?
Thanks
Snook

francois

C1 Pro V 4.0
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 01:12:39 pm »

These guys are crazy, 500 US$ for the Pro version???

They'd better be real amazingly good when Raw DEvelopper and Lightroom can be bought for much less...

Regards,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136340\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The price was mostly OK when Capture One was one of the few choices available. It came in three versions ($99, $249 and $499), then they discountinued the middle version. For new buyers, I agree that the $500 is tough to swallow.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up