Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to load paper on Z3100  (Read 2496 times)

berniestal

Unable to load paper on Z3100
« on: August 25, 2007, 01:07:42 am »

Has anyone had problems with loading paper? My Z3100 already was loaded with HP Prof Satin Paper. It did not recognize that it had paper in it. So I cancelled the load and have tried to load roll paper as well as individual sheets to no avail. It keeps telling me to feed the roll into ther back of the machine. I do not get the message " loading paper in 3 2 1 seconds" that normally follows. I suppose the lamp could have gone bad, but I am open to any suggestions that might work, or tests, bypass possibilities or whatever. I,ve turned off the printer and turned it on again. should I try putting in the driver & firmware again? Thanks in advance Bernie

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 03:55:09 am »

Has anyone had problems with loading paper? My Z3100 already was loaded with HP Prof Satin Paper. It did not recognize that it had paper in it. So I cancelled the load and have tried to load roll paper as well as individual sheets to no avail. It keeps telling me to feed the roll into ther back of the machine. I do not get the message " loading paper in 3 2 1 seconds" that normally follows. I suppose the lamp could have gone bad, but I am open to any suggestions that might work, or tests, bypass possibilities or whatever. I,ve turned off the printer and turned it on again. should I try putting in the driver & firmware again? Thanks in advance Bernie
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135380\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sounds like it's the paper sensor. It could be broken, or the connector loose or detached. Under the printer next to the stand leg (right) there is a colored cable. Make sure the connector is tight. Next look with a flashlight in the paper path behind the printer. There should be a little rocker arm that detects paper there. If it is stuck or broken you won't see it as it is recessed. It can be the spring or the part itself.

berniestal

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 02:10:18 pm »

Sounds like it's the paper sensor. It could be broken, or the connector loose or detached. Under the printer next to the stand leg (right) there is a colored cable. Make sure the connector is tight. Next look with a flashlight in the paper path behind the printer. There should be a little rocker arm that detects paper there. If it is stuck or broken you won't see it as it is recessed. It can be the spring or the part itself.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135395\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

berniestal

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 02:13:42 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135472\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

berniestal

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 02:29:27 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135472\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The rocker is in the right position and moving, but probably is defective. The wires seem fine. The piece seems very delicate for a printer that's being used alot. Thanks for the reply, I'll have to call HP on Monday. Thanks Bernie

dajaka

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 05:04:32 pm »

I have the same problem on my Z3100. HP came out and replaced the switch (and left me an extra one), but the printer still doesn't see paper loads about 15% of the time. I just cancel and reload and it generally works. Not sure what's going on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up