Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom teething troubles  (Read 1449 times)

davidmichael

Lightroom teething troubles
« on: August 24, 2007, 03:35:45 am »

Is there someone in the West Country of England – preferably near Bath – who has a good working knowledge of Lightroom? I need hands-on help to enable me to overcome some basic problems setting up and using LR.

I’m very excited by the potential of LR and am eager to use it effectively, but I can’t overcome the problems by using the online tutorial or Martin Evening’s excellent book “PS LR - the complete guide for photographers”.

I regularly shoot around 500 images per session, 2 or 3 times a week. My main problem seems to be with colour management. Not being very technical, I can’t translate the guidance from different sources into action that works for me. Besides the colour management issue, LR behaves strangely on my PC. It keeps booting up at random times. I can’t seem to download the new version after several attempts. In Develop Mode, some of the filmstrip images display a “?” and the main image displays the message “This file could not be opened”. I have a large batch of “Missing files” and don’t know why. “Error images” are also increasing.

Any suggestions in this discussion forum would be much appreciated, but what I really need is someone to look over my shoulder for a couple of hours.

Many thanks

DavidMichael
Pages: [1]   Go Up