Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating Metadata  (Read 5187 times)

macroman

Updating Metadata
« on: August 24, 2007, 12:50:05 am »

Other cataloguing software offer the ability to syncronise metadata TO or FROM the original files at any time.

How do I make Aperture update (re-import) the metadata of files after they have been edited with another metadata editor such as Expression Media?

I'd be grateful for any help.

macroman

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
Updating Metadata
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 04:24:50 pm »

Other cataloguing software offer the ability to syncronise metadata TO or FROM the original files at any time.

How do I make Aperture update (re-import) the metadata of files after they have been edited with another metadata editor such as Expression Media?

I'd be grateful for any help.

macroman
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135199\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not possible... Aperture stores the metadata info in its database, so there's no way to update the metadata externally.  

Actually, I should say "no automatic way," because there *are* Automator actions for Aperture and Aperture has an AppleScript dictionary.  So you *could* whip up some code that would do this based on changes you make.

There's a product out there called Annoture which might be a little help here.  But in general, it's not easy to do metadata sync between Aperture and some other programs.  Aperture can easily *export* the metadata (as XMP side car files), but synchronization is currently a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up