Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF5000 vs Z3100 Ink & Paper Usage  (Read 1738 times)

One Horse Studio

iPF5000 vs Z3100 Ink & Paper Usage
« on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:37 pm »

Hi,
First posting. Currently using an iPF5000. Very satisfied with print quality. I am considering moving up to a 24" printer. There are serious issues that I have with Canon Corporation that make it highly unlikely that I would consider anymore of their products.
I have read reviews of the Z3100 that puts it at the top of a very short list of candidates.
I am spoiled by the frugality of the Canon printer, that is why I posted this question.I am also unhappy with the obstacles that Canon places in your way to dissuade you from using papers other than Canon's.
I understand that I am asking for a comparison between a 17" and a 24", but comparisons that are based on comparable print sizes.
Since Michael has been using both, maybe he can weigh in on this.
I would appreciate any and all input as I hope to be making a decision before the rebate period is over on the Z3100.

Greg.......

John Hollenberg

iPF5000 vs Z3100 Ink & Paper Usage
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 07:36:03 pm »

I am also unhappy with the obstacles that Canon places in your way to dissuade you from using papers other than Canon's.

Are you referring to the limitation on paper paths allowed for some Media Types?  If you get custom profiles, it really isn't an issue, as Premium Matte for matte papers allows use of roll, cassette and tray, as do Special 1-5 for papers requiring Photo black.  While I think this limitation is short-sighted on Canon's part, I wouldn't see it as a deal-breaker.

--John
Pages: [1]   Go Up