Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd metadata sorting....  (Read 1301 times)

picnic

Odd metadata sorting....
« on: August 22, 2007, 05:26:35 pm »

To be truthful, I hadn't even tried to sort by metadata until today, but---when I would choose by camera--I'm getting 5D shots in the selection of D30 shots as an example (everything seems to be correct--date, etc.--except the camera).  I also show 2 different serial numbers for my old D30--and there are other oddities.  The lenses seem to be more correct, but I'm wondering why it would show a 10D shot as a 5D shot, for instance, or vice versa--but then, if I go to the 5D shots, it might have the metadata correct.  I was all excited about using the MD as one more way to sort, but its not correct.  

I do plan to check the Adobe LR forums also, but wondered if anyone else has this problem.  I have 5 years worth of image files imported (referenced to disk) and all but 2007 are on external HDs not connected at the time.  I did wonder if this presented a problem--but OTOH--if the metadata was read correctly when I imported, there seems there is another problem.

One more thing I noticed--it shows in metadata that when I have the Tamron 28-75 at 28mm that it is at 63mm.  However, for my 24-70L--the metadata is correct.  I need to check and see if Bridge reads the MD in the same way for that lens.

Addendum---this seems to have sorted itself out--surprisingly.  I rebooted, reopened and things seem correct except for the 2 serial numbers of the D30 (I bought this used--and am still wondering if this has something to do with it) and the misreporting of the 28-75 at 28mm.

Looking at the breakdowns also gave me some insight into the lenses I have used the most over the last number of years---and what I'm using most with the 5D/FF.  Interesting to me only, but I may reassess my gear---or consider why I'm using some and not others.

Diane

Diane
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:04:49 pm by picnic »
Pages: [1]   Go Up