Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf or phase one dealers ??? help  (Read 10784 times)

Frank Doorhof

• http://
Leaf or phase one dealers ??? help
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 05:17:23 pm »

@Dustbak, in other words you would not need the software than.

I must say I'm overwhelmed with responses with compliments to Leaf who are really answering my questions faster than I can ask them

Sinar looks great but I also shoot alot of stuff on location and I need preview window and those backs are at the moment out of my budget. I would opt for the Emotion 75LV and that one is app 10.000 euros more expensive than the Aptus deal I have on the table now.

I first have to make the start within my budget and after a year or so I will maybe upgrade when the dust has settled.

The fight for me is between the P25 and the Aptus 22.
I have now read some reviews and those two are almost identical, I THINK the ISO25 of the Aptus will give me the greenlight for that back, I would love to use that on my daytime ringflash work, a gorgeous DOF should be possible with that.

I must say I'm surprised at the help I get from all of you and the manufactorers, it really strengthens my faith. Thank you.

yodelyo

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 05:24:53 pm »

I must say I'm overwhelmed with responses with compliments to Leaf who are really answering my questions faster than I can ask them

Sinar looks great but I also shoot alot of stuff on location and I need preview window and those backs are at the moment out of my budget. I would opt for the Emotion 75LV and that one is app 10.000 euros more expensive than the Aptus deal I have on the table now.

I first have to make the start within my budget and after a year or so I will maybe upgrade when the dust has settled.

I have now read some reviews and those two are almost identical, I THINK the ISO25 of the Aptus will give me the greenlight for that back, I would love to use that on my daytime ringflash work, a gorgeous DOF should be possible with that.

I must say I'm surprised at the help I get from all of you and the manufactorers, it really strengthens my faith. Thank you.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134635\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Did you happen to see any deals on a P21+ or refurb back while you have been searching? I think the sensor is better than on the 'old' p25 technology. I am looking for a P21 new or old but have yet to find a good deal, any help appreciated. I keep hearing about refurbs going for 8-9 grand (US) but have yet to actually find any.

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 05:28:25 pm »

Just google on P21+ + phase and some will show up.
It's how I did it

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 09:53:16 pm »

Hey Frank, I'm sure you're already aware but LC-11 will only run on a Mac. Let's face it, we both should have converted to a Mac years ago. David

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 01:45:04 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134635\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Frank, you do need the software to get the back tethered and shoot to your laptop. You can open the application, connect the back and start shooting. From that moment on you do not have to work from Leaf Capture but can work on the files from other applications.

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 02:28:07 am »

Ok thanks, that's clear I hoped I could let the back see the harddrive of the PC as a storage device.

But I already have confirmation there is PC software so that's out of the way.

ixpressraf

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 04:09:06 am »

Why don't you take a look at the Hasselblad back's. A lot of quality for your money and very good dealer in Belgium and Holland. Both Ray and myself are using Hasselblad and we are both the most happy people on earth.    

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 04:11:58 am »

I could not find a Hasselblad back with Mamiya connection for under 20.000 euros.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 05:22:45 am »

I could not find a Hasselblad back with Mamiya connection for under 20.000 euros.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134729\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The CF22 should be available for under that. Not sure how much but I know Hasselblad also has trade in deals.

I guess someone in this thread might have one for sale even.

The CF uses adapter plates to mount it on a specific camera. For Mamiya you get the Ixpress Adapter plate that goes with it and you can use it on your AFDII.

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 05:38:01 am »

Just put down the phone and ordered the Aptus 22.
Got a deal that was nice and I think for what I do the Aptus is the good choice.
Especially on location the big screen is something that will be of good use, now I drag a imagetank with me but that's a bad solution for MF raws
With the ZD I could shoot RAW+JPEG to see the JPEGs but with the Aptus the screen is large enough to judge my shot, focus will be only checked on the laptop or at the studio so that's a non issue.

I hope to receive the back tomorrow so I'm very anxious to try it out in the studio.

The only weird thing is (maybe someone can answer that) does it go from 25-400 or from 25-200.

According to the leaf site it's 25-200 according to all sales sites including my dealer it's 25-400.

I never go higher than 200 by the way for normal shooting and I can always underexpose and get up 1 or 2 stops in the developer but I was just interested to know.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:38:59 am by Frank Doorhof »

Henry Goh

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2007, 05:47:43 am »

Got a deal that was nice and I think for what I do the Aptus is the good choice.
Especially on location the big screen is something that will be of good use, now I drag a imagetank with me but that's a bad solution for MF raws
With the ZD I could shoot RAW+JPEG to see the JPEGs but with the Aptus the screen is large enough to judge my shot, focus will be only checked on the laptop or at the studio so that's a non issue.

I hope to receive the back tomorrow so I'm very anxious to try it out in the studio.

The only weird thing is (maybe someone can answer that) does it go from 25-400 or from 25-200.

According to the leaf site it's 25-200 according to all sales sites including my dealer it's 25-400.

I never go higher than 200 by the way for normal shooting and I can always underexpose and get up 1 or 2 stops in the developer but I was just interested to know.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134738\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Frank,

Really sorry to hear about the problems you have had with the Mamiya.  I was watching your samples and reading your evaluation with keen interest to consider the Mamiya.  Now that you have switched to Leaf, I hope you will post your real life experiences with this new rig once you have the chance to use it.  I think yours is one valuable source to others wanting to move to MFDBs.  Thanks for all your hard work.

Henry
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:48:24 am by Henry Goh »

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2007, 05:52:07 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134738\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I always thought it went from 25 to 400. I know my A17 goes from 25 to 400 maybe the A22 is different in that respect.

Congratulations! The Aptus will not disappoint you I am sure about that.

canmiya

• beyond stills
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 08:59:25 am »

I always thought it went from 25 to 400. I know my A17 goes from 25 to 400 maybe the A22 is different in that respect.

Congratulations! The Aptus will not disappoint you I am sure about that.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134741\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
There is conflicting info on the Leaf site:  The Aptus 22 goes from iso 25 to 400. I believe when it was originally introduced the upper iso limit was 200.  A firmware upgrade resulted in the expansion to 400. I think this is the source of the conflicting info on the site.  I bought an Aptus 22 about 6 weeks ago and use it with the 645afdII.  It does not disappoint!  Congratulations Frank, happy shooting!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 09:01:54 am by canmiya »

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 12:32:59 pm »

Great although I hardly use anything higher than ISO200 it's fun to have for those casual shots from friends and family.

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 02:17:23 pm »

Ok, got the back and the beta software.
Have tried a burst of 50 frames and got ZERO problems.
Tomorrow I will do a complete session if that goes without problems I'm sure.

I have posted a handsdown review (first impressions) on my blog it will be longer when I work more with the back.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up