Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrades for new cameras  (Read 1879 times)

picnic

Upgrades for new cameras
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:05:18 am »

LR came out with the very good 1.1 upgrade.  Now--with the new Canon cameras (and I'm sure many others) on the scene this Fall, what should we expect about upgrades from LR?  Will we have to buy the 'new' version to cover the new camera bodies--or will they offer upgrades strictly for the new bodies?  

I, myself, am not considering any major camera changes, but am considering adding the G9 for a small camera IF it proves to be decent after some reviews come out.  I know in the past with PS, that camera body upgrades lagged--and if this would be so with LR, it could easily push people away I would think, since part of the lure for many is the initial editing and RAW processing.  It was introduced during quite a lull of new cameras, but here we come again with loads of them this Fall I would think.  Not that many here might have an idea, but perhaps someone might have some clues about what to expect.

Diane

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Upgrades for new cameras
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 04:12:32 pm »

Good question!  I've been very impressed with Camera Support, finding an update *very* shortly after purchasing my 30D.  

From Adobe's website:

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

"
Note: Photoshop Lightroom 1.0 does not require the download available on this page in order to provide the latest camera raw support. Lightroom will provide a notification and update instructions when new camera support is available. Please select the Lightroom preference to Automatically Check for Updates to receive update notification.
"
hth = John
Pages: [1]   Go Up