Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Problems printing landscape from sheet feed  (Read 2578 times)

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
Z3100 Problems printing landscape from sheet feed
« on: August 20, 2007, 01:49:08 pm »

I have had my Z3100 for a week now and quite impresed with image quality on HP roll paper.  

Tried several times to print a landscape format print on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and all attempts come out as a partial image in portrait.  the print preview looks fine but when I go to print all I get is a partial image oriented incorrectly.

I am printing from CS3 using windows XP.

Any tips would be appreciated.

garyfcampbell

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 04:11:58 pm »

I have had my Z3100 for a week now and quite impresed with image quality on HP roll paper. 

Tried several times to print a landscape format print on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and all attempts come out as a partial image in portrait.  the print preview looks fine but when I go to print all I get is a partial image oriented incorrectly.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134355\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi,

That does look like a driver bug.

As a workaround when you print,

select the landscape button below the preview on the CS3 print dialog.

Select "Page Setup"

Select the "Features" tab after "Paper/Quality"

Under "Roll Options" select "Rotate by 90 degrees" even though you are using a sheet this will work.

and then print.

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:51:12 pm »

Tried several times to print a landscape format print on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and all attempts come out as a partial image in portrait.  the print preview looks fine but when I go to print all I get is a partial image oriented incorrectly.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134355\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The simplest workaround is to rotate your image 90 degrees clockwise in Photoshop prior to printing. This is a widely recognized bug in the driver. You can sometimes force it to print landscape images correctly by going back to page setup from the final print dialogue box and choosing the correct orientation. If you check the print preview box in HP's driver, at least you can see if things are messed up before you hit "print" and waste a sheet of paper.

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 09:44:23 pm »

The simplest workaround is to rotate your image 90 degrees clockwise in Photoshop prior to printing. This is a widely recognized bug in the driver. You can sometimes force it to print landscape images correctly by going back to page setup from the final print dialogue box and choosing the correct orientation. If you check the print preview box in HP's driver, at least you can see if things are messed up before you hit "print" and waste a sheet of paper.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134416\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.  I didn't know it was reported as a bug in the driver.  Yes just the simple rotation solved it for this print.  It woul dbe nice to have this resolved in a later release so I don't have to rotate all my landscapes and print as portrait.

Thanks Again
Pages: [1]   Go Up