Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: P30+ edited profiles coming !  (Read 11252 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
P30+ edited profiles coming !
« on: August 18, 2007, 07:54:56 pm »

I am preparing to release edited ICC profiles for various Phase backs. These first profiles will not be very "accurate" but they embody various "Digital Emulsion" effects eg. less saturated portrait film, warming effects for people, some B&W conversions etc.

The first profiles will become available very shortly - anyone wishing to beta test should email me with the subject line "P30+ profiles". My email is "edmundronald at gmail dot com".

These profiles will be tipware -tip me if you think the service was ok

Edmund
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 07:55:57 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 02:30:16 am »

I am preparing to release edited ICC profiles for various Phase backs. These first profiles will not be very "accurate" but they embody various "Digital Emulsion" effects eg. less saturated portrait film, warming effects for people, some B&W conversions etc.

The first profiles will become available very shortly - anyone wishing to beta test should email me with the subject line "P30+ profiles". My email is "edmundronald at gmail dot com".

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134049\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Any plans on doing profiles for the CF39?

eronald

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 05:43:51 am »

Any plans on doing profiles for the CF39?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134070\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Any particular requests here ?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 11:55:39 am »

Not specifically but if you were going to do this I would be interested (also depending on what you consider tip ).

The film effects sound interesting, but also profiles specifically made for skin tones (I like the fragile less saturated teints).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:38:34 pm by Dustbak »

eronald

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 09:25:14 pm »

The first test profiles have been sent out. If anyone wants to test portrait profiles on the P30+, this is the time to send me an email !

If these are ok, I'll release similar edited versions for all the P backs.

Edmund

edmundronald at gmail dot com

johnkraus

• http://www.johnkrausphotography.com
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 10:35:09 am »

I played with  "P30+DaylitePortraMedSat.icc" yesterday and, so far, like it very much. Good color without the tint bias I sometimes see in Phase profiles. Nice transitions so far in shadows and highlights.

oscar falero

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 11:11:44 am »

I played with  "P30+DaylitePortraMedSat.icc" yesterday and, so far, like it very much. Good color without the tint bias I sometimes see in Phase profiles. Nice transitions so far in shadows and highlights.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134317\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Edmund,

Do you have any P45 profiles available? If you need some raw files I can send some your way.

Thanks
Oscar
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 11:12:29 am by oscar falero »

eronald

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 03:48:30 pm »

Edmund,

Do you have any P45 profiles available? If you need some raw files I can send some your way.

Thanks
Oscar
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134325\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oscar,

I will be delighted to have you test the P45 Portra profile !

Please email me (edmundronald at gmail dot com) so you are in my system, and also send me a couple of Raw files of your typical subject matter (people I assume) via  www.yousendit.com

Edmund
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 03:48:52 pm by eronald »

eronald

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 10:04:40 pm »

I've sent out a bunch of P30+ profiles , and a few 5D and P45 profiles, all for testing.

Tomorrow I'll do the 1DsII and 1Ds.
I'd really like to do a P45+

Keep the Raw files coming, and GIVE ME FEEDBACK!

Anyone with a camera supported by C1 is welcome to contact me for a test profile.

Edmund

vgogolak

• http://
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 11:40:11 pm »

I'd really like to do a P45+

Keep the Raw files coming, and GIVE ME FEEDBACK!
Anyone with a camera supported by C1 is welcome to contact me for a test profile.
Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134435\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Edmund

What kind of P45+shots do you need?

I assume you have an ftp site to upload?
otherwise can use yousendit

regards
Victor

oscar falero

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 11:58:04 pm »

The P45DaylitePortraMedSat worked very nice with some of my P45 files also!

The shadows opened up quite nice and the Phase Magenta ghost disappeared. I usually just use Phase No Color Correction and add my favorite Exposure filter setting, but would like to get closer at the raw processing stage. I've had some success with the Color Editor, but takes some time.

My favorite film is Portra 400NC. Bringing down the saturation and lowering the contrast gets me a half way there. I might shoot some film along with my P45 digital this week and work the files to see how close I can come up with. Thanks for the profile.

Any reason you are calling these Portra? Are developing profile to match the Portra films. Would love to see the outcome.

Thanks again!

eronald

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 05:07:14 am »

The P45DaylitePortraMedSat worked very nice with some of my P45 files also!

The shadows opened up quite nice and the Phase Magenta ghost disappeared. I usually just use Phase No Color Correction and add my favorite Exposure filter setting, but would like to get closer at the raw processing stage. I've had some success with the Color Editor, but takes some time.

My favorite film is Portra 400NC. Bringing down the saturation and lowering the contrast gets me a half way there. I might shoot some film along with my P45 digital this week and work the files to see how close I can come up with. Thanks for the profile.

Any reason you are calling these Portra? Are developing profile to match the Portra films. Would love to see the outcome.

Thanks again!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134443\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oscar -

Hehe Oscar, if it works, maybe it's time you tipped me

Could you be so nice as to post, or allow me to post one of your images here to show people the final effect ?

Of course P45DaylitePortraMedSat works with the P45, it's tailored for the P45 - I have a tailored specifically tailored profile file for every camera supported by C1. The P30+DaylitePortraMedSat works for the P30+ and so forth. I also have "linear" more color accurate versions that are not luminance and color-tuned, but these I am not handing out because then the product shooters will start to complain and be picky.

There will be some more lo-sat versions released in a few days. At the moment my problem is indeed laying the Phase Magenta Ghost to rest completely; I suspect that the new backs will always have less magenta than the old ones because I think it's a -slight-  IR problem which Phase fixed in hardware by adopting a stronger IR filter.

Victor -

Please use www.yousendit.com

Thank you.

Edmund

Edmund
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 05:10:00 am by eronald »

eronald

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 06:31:19 pm »

John,

I'm glad you like the 5D profile.

This profile has a luminance push and a subtle skin tone correction, as you surmise. I too always find C1 to be a bit too dark in the shadows, and use their "extra shadow" curve very often.  ***If you have any additional correction to suggest I would be very happy to hear it *** In particular I can do more or less luminance shift and more or less magenta limitation.

I find that some 5D cameras do not work well with my profiles. I surmise that the sensor in those cameras is different. I may make some more aggressive profiles for that batch of users.

At the moment I am planning to release lo-sat and hi-sat variants of the profile you have, within this week, then I will release some black and white profiles and then move to "special effects" like Velvia. All these will be released gradually FOR EVERY CAMERA SUPPORTED BY CAPTURE ONE, and probably for Hasselblad too.

Edmund

Edmund,

The 5D Portra Med Sat profile for C1 is quite nice. What I see is a nice lift in luminance from the default profile and the Magne profiles. Having that in the profile helps. I have always felt that the brightness of 5D files in Capture One were different from DPP, they just don't equate when settings normalized.

The skin colors also look good. Less magenta in skin from the start. I always loved the look of a Portra film contact sheet. I find I can get that quickly now in C1. I know we are in the digital realm where any look is possible, but color neg contacts have always had nice tones and a good end goal to reach when processing some type of images.

What other versions or variants do you have planned? I do like what I see so far.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134607\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

RicAgu

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 08:07:43 pm »

Edmund,

Thanks for the P45 profile.  I tested it with naturaul daylight shots and it really balances it all out in mixed lighting.

I have a room I like to shoot in that has amazing daylight but also has some tungsten and flourescents bulbs I have no control over having them on or off, so they are always on.  Your profile did an amzing job of balancing the shot out with all the mixed lighting.

It really is like having a new lab to drop stuff off at.  I really look forward to seeing the P25 profile of the files I sent you.  I actually used your P45 profile on a P25 file and it looks great.

Thank you again for the great product and where may I find the tip jar?

R

eronald

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 09:00:26 pm »

Ric,

I just finished making the P25 profile for you, I still want to play with it a bit and then if I like it I'll email it out to you.

Don't worry, I'll tell you where the tip jar is, but I'll want a Hollywood-sized tip

Edmund

Edmund,

Thanks for the P45 profile.  I tested it with naturaul daylight shots and it really balances it all out in mixed lighting.

I have a room I like to shoot in that has amazing daylight but also has some tungsten and flourescents bulbs I have no control over having them on or off, so they are always on.  Your profile did an amzing job of balancing the shot out with all the mixed lighting.

It really is like having a new lab to drop stuff off at.  I really look forward to seeing the P25 profile of the files I sent you.  I actually used your P45 profile on a P25 file and it looks great.

Thank you again for the great product and where may I find the tip jar?

R
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134675\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Caracalla

• http://
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 10:52:17 pm »

Can somebody post some images before and after naming each profile.

Cheers
Caracala

RicAgu

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 12:44:38 am »

Hey Edmund,

I am afraid even a Hollywood size tip would be a joke when being paid in dollars to your Euro.  Frankly our monetary value is a joke compared to the Euro, Pound or even the Canadian dollar now a days.  I think the only thing we are beating is the Peso at the moment.

Thanks again for the profile, I look forward to seeing the P25 profile as the P45 profile is really amazing even with the P25 files.

Best,

Ric

eronald

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 08:00:59 am »

Can somebody post some images before and after naming each profile.

Cheers
Caracala
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134697\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll ask Ric whether this is possible. He has some very nice people shots which demonstrate the capabilities of the profiles clearly. In fact I am using his images to prepare a new batch of profiles with subtle tint variations, and I would like to make a gallery to show these effects.

Edmund
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 08:02:00 am by eronald »

samuel_js

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 09:50:10 am »

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134049\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Edmund, how about P21 profiles?
Thank's

RicAgu

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 11:57:23 am »

Hey Edmund,

Go ahead and post the P25 file of the redhead looking to the right and the P45 file of the band outside in the the daylight in warehouse bay.  Please do it so it is not downloadable and a low rez jpeg.  With all the meta data off, so file info is blank all around.  Also, please put an Edmund Roland profile watermark across the image so it makes it hard to use.  The band image has not been released yet, but I doubt we have any 13 year old metal heads roaming the Luminous Landscape.

I'll shoot you an email with a good time to chat later today.

Best,

Ric
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up