Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download Video on TV  (Read 48993 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Download Video on TV
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2009, 02:19:40 pm »

Quote from: reyn_two
The only problem is that two of the files are giving me a hard time, number 12 and 40 won't convert, I think it's time for the Inquisition to step in and frighten them to death.

Try opening the files in QuickTime Player or VLC Player and exporting them as MP4 files; then try converting those. There is a longish part of the FAQ that gives links for VLC etc.

Hans Knikman

• Hans Knikman - KnikmanAV
Download Video on TV
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 02:38:28 am »

Chris,

I use Sorenson Squeeze or TMPGenc to create a DVD. No problems regarding SD quality. I also tried DVDit PRO to create a blue ray dsik also with good quality.

Hans Knikman

Knikman Video Productions
Hans

benInMA

Download Video on TV
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 03:26:18 pm »

I recently converted all of the files for "Camera to Print" from .mov to .mp4 and then copied them to my Playstation 3 to watch
them on my HDTV.

It worked fine.  Video quality was fine as well.   You can tell it is not really "high def" but it was certainly good enough
to get the point across.  My converted videos ended up being larger then the originals for some reason.  (I used Handbrake
with the default settings to do the conversion)

I have not looked at the newer videos but 1080p videos would really "sing" for some of this stuff as it would make it much
easier to see things like sharpening in action.  If there was say a 1080p "journal" video from Antarctica I think I'd have a hard
time not buying it!

Great overall experience watching them though, Thanks!

Tony B.

Download Video on TV
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 08:48:17 pm »

Just wanted to add that I found DVDflick works with .mov files, a quick look back through the thread showed one mention of DVDflick in 2007.  It allows for a basic menu so you can start on a selected lesson.  It also allows for adding chapters inside each lesson so you can move forward and back in a lesson a little faster.  It also will burn the dvd's now.  So for a free software it works well.

Until I found this I was unable to watch any .mov files except playing the .mov files my Kodak p&s produced through the camera.  Can not play them through my computer using quicktime without very bad delay/slow play.  Oh, this is using a PC with windows xp.

Tony

samirkharusi

• http://www.geocities.com/samirkharusi/
Download Video on TV
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2009, 02:06:15 am »

The idiocy of far too many video codecs surviving continues to amaze me. VLC Media Player seems to be the most flexible for PC playback. The $100 "WD-TV" media server gizmo seems the most flexible for TV playback. I just put all my media files (videos, images, music) on a couple of terabyte drives, attach the drives to the WD-TV (USB connections) and onto TV via an HDMI cable. No PC involved apart from the download stage. So I have the LLVJ, 300+ downloaded movies, home videos (from the 1950s digitised to current 1080HD), jpegs of all my archived photos (Jpegs only), all my digital music, instantly available on my 70" HD TV, connected to the home theater sound system.

WD-TV. That certainly seems to be the magical $100 gizmo at the moment. There are still codecs that it cannot play, but much fewer than any other device or software I have tried to date.
Bored? Peruse my website: [url=http://ww
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up