Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 setup - 87:10 Call HP support  (Read 11554 times)

mvandenbos

• www.mehdivandenbos.com
HP Z3100 setup - 87:10 Call HP support
« on: August 17, 2007, 06:07:57 am »

I've just taken the plunge and bought the printer ... setting up this afternoon and got the above notice whilst trying to do the first calibration run. Restarted the printer and attempted it again ... same problem

I've logged a job with HP ... but it's friday evening and I think they're closed over the weekend.

Advice

With thanks

Mehdi
Running the HP Z3100 on OS X 10.4
Mehdi van den Bos
www.mehdivandenbos.com

mvandenbos

• www.mehdivandenbos.com
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 09:23:09 am »

No reply from HP as yet - guessing their two hour statement actually means two hours over the business period!

In any case I think it is some sort of scan axis problem ... from error codes on other machines
--- for anyone who may know ---> following the error code the print head stopped in the middle.

With thanks mehdi
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:23:29 am by mvandenbos »
Mehdi van den Bos
www.mehdivandenbos.com

mvandenbos

• www.mehdivandenbos.com
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 09:28:46 am »

From what I can tell

error codes:
87 - scan axis initialisation problem
10 - replace via on site warranty repair

all up bad news for me!

Others thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:29:07 am by mvandenbos »
Mehdi van den Bos
www.mehdivandenbos.com

iCrop

• http://
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:08:53 am »

Mehdi -

Sorry to hear your bad news.  I don’t know that I can offer much, except to suggest you make sure you’ve removed all the orange tape, plastic bits and cardboard that they put in these things to keep them from being damaged during shipment.

Good luck,

Mike

jmvdigital

• http://www.jmvdigital.com
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:34:45 am »

Perhaps something took a little more jarring during shipping that it was meant to? In any case, no worries, the HP service is super nice and quick.
--
Justin VanAlstyne [url=http://www.jmv

mvandenbos

• www.mehdivandenbos.com
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 09:42:01 pm »

Thanks for your commiserations! I so wished HP support for designjets was open on weekends!

I've typed up the full error code if that will help any:

The carriage stops just to the left of the lcd display. When I look up the error log report the information is as follows:

Internal error: 0x16070001
Severity: 1
Key: call HP support
Scan axis encoder error.
Firmware TR12-TR_5.0.0.4
Subsystem: Patum
Subversion: TR_05-00-00.4
Class: sensors
Subclass: scan axis encoder:
Error: null
DRACO_SENSORS_SCANAXIS_ENCODER_NULL
File: Blockencoder.cpp
Line number:128
Paper usage: 0.0m2

Thanks

Mehdi
Mehdi van den Bos
www.mehdivandenbos.com

Charles Gast

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 09:54:40 pm »

There is a plastic strip that runs the length of the printer just above the print head slide bar. That is the encoding strip it uses to keep track of the head position. I see an encoder error on the log you posted. Make sure that the strip does not have anything on it like a piece of tape. Be careful because the strip looks fragile!

mvandenbos

• www.mehdivandenbos.com
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 10:26:48 pm »

Thanks Charles

No the white strip of plastic with blue writing has no stickers ... furthermore the clear plastic strip and the black rubber chain the head runs along have no attached orange tape.

Mehdi
Mehdi van den Bos
www.mehdivandenbos.com

Charles Gast

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 11:23:22 pm »

One other user experienced a bad connection with the edge connector of the circuit board with the processors and hard drive on it.  Where the network cable and usb cable connectors are there are two screws. Shutdown the printer then take the two screws out and grasp the handle of the card holder and pull it straight up and out. It takes a little force to pull it out and a *small amount* of wiggling as you pull will help. Once it is out push it back into place being careful to line it up with the slots the edges of the card go into,replace the screws and reboot. It has the cpu and hard drive on it. Its a well packed little card. Don't handle it other than by the plastic handle you pull it out with or lay it down unless you have an antistatic circuit board handling kit.
If you feel up to re-seating the card give it a try. It cured on other users problems with his new machine!

Charlie

mvandenbos

• www.mehdivandenbos.com
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 02:10:06 am »

Hi Charles

Thanks again for your suggestion. I can't quite see how that would actually solve the problem so I may hold off on that action. I've seen the place and how to do it though.

Mehdi
Mehdi van den Bos
www.mehdivandenbos.com

mvandenbos

• www.mehdivandenbos.com
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 03:45:16 am »

I think I've solved the problem ... despite the errords it saying it was a hardware problem I kept thinking it was something to do with the paper advance because that's what the printer seemed to be struggling with before the error. Looking up similar concepts in the designjet 5500 series ... and as per charles helpful suggestions it all seemed an initial process initialisation problem

So I found an option for paper advance calibration and performed this ... and through a bit of teething I managed to get through and now I've just successfully completed head alignment .... a series of diagonal lines and the like ... went through the first paper calibration for the ID gloss and now my first printer is making it's way through!

Fingers crossed no more issues!

Many thanks ... your help has been very kind and hopefully i may be able to return the favour to someone else!

Mehdi
Mehdi van den Bos
www.mehdivandenbos.com

Charles Gast

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 08:21:41 am »

Many thanks ... your help has been very kind and hopefully i may be able to return the favour to someone else!

Mehdi
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133976\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Posting your experience will help others as a reference.

I must admit that one of the first things I did when this printer arrived was to determine where the computer was and pull it out to have a look at it.  The 'works in a drawer' computer in this printer is a very nice little unit!

Charlie

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 12:23:20 am »

Charlie-
Tell me more about your exploration.  I'd like to know more about the guts of my machine, too, but lack the knowledge or guts to offroad it myself.  I'd much rather tag along after someone more experienced.  I'm pretty impressed with the industrial design as well, I just wish the fan was a little quieter.
-Ron
PS:  Congratulations Mehdi!  Nothing can be more frustrating than not being able to dive in with a new toy.  I'm glad it all worked out for you.

I must admit that one of the first things I did when this printer arrived was to determine where the computer was and pull it out to have a look at it.  The 'works in a drawer' computer in this printer is a very nice little unit!

Charlie
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134000\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

casterle

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 02:08:20 am »

One other user experienced a bad connection with the edge connector of the circuit board with the processors and hard drive on it.
<snip>
It cured on other users problems with his new machine!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133954\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll bet I'm the other user you're talking about !

Reseating the card & memory got me past my initial network I/O problem, but I've had several lockups and a couple of "reboot/call support" error codes. I'm scheduled to have an engineer give me a call to sort this out.

Here's a trick I learned from a support tech today. To get to the diagnostics menu (ps model, I assume this works for non-ps as well):

Power off via the Power button on the front panel.
Press the Up Arrow and the OK button and hold them down.
Keep them pressed and press the Power button and hold all three for 5 seconds.

Lots of interesting stuff on this menu - play at your own risk!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:15:53 pm by casterle »

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 05:33:10 am »

It could have been a drop of glycol on the encoder strip, a hair or dust on the optical sensor, or any other reason that one of the sensors was stopping the initialization to occur. Seems the paper calibration worked to jump over this, so much the better.
Luckily you had a premonition to run the paper feed cal.  So far few problems on start up have happened with the Z printers other than the paper feed sensor connection/part.
Pages: [1]   Go Up