Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another monitor calibration question  (Read 1774 times)

ned

Another monitor calibration question
« on: August 16, 2007, 01:55:17 pm »

Looks like this topic could be put in a number of forums, hopefully it is fits in this one  

Using eye1display 2 and windows xp2 on a Samsung 940 lcd monitor.
I was ok until I watched the camera to print vod and decided to do the advanced mode calibration instead of the automatic. My issue... The monitor has RGB controls and I adjusted according to the instructions in the eyeone software. When the software first displayed the results, the blue channel was far to the left. So I adjusted all three sliders and got them lined up in the middle with the luminance at around 6500 (I think, at work trying to remember the number.. I think 6500 is luminance?). The problem is I can move the blue adjustment on my monitor way up or down and the blue slider as well as the R G sliders in the software will pretty much stay in the middle and the luminance around 100 points from 6500. I can see that the monitor is changing the blue channel because my display it is turning blue! So I ended up putting the blue channel to around the same values as the others as displayed on the monitors on screen indicators. All three software sliders are in the green zone, and the luminance is where it should be. This does not give me confidence that the monitor is at all calibrated. Hopefully I explained the well enough? How could it be that I adjust the blue channel on the monitors control panel, can see it changing in the monitor but the software sliders remain in the green zone?  Weird.  Oh, if you haven't guess I'm a new at this but enough of an analytical that this really bugs me :-)  Thanks in advance for your help.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Another monitor calibration question
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 04:38:18 pm »

Looks like this topic could be put in a number of forums, hopefully it is fits in this one 

Using eye1display 2 and windows xp2 on a Samsung 940 lcd monitor.
I was ok until I watched the camera to print vod and decided to do the advanced mode calibration instead of the automatic. My issue... The monitor has RGB controls and I adjusted according to the instructions in the eyeone software. When the software first displayed the results, the blue channel was far to the left. So I adjusted all three sliders and got them lined up in the middle with the luminance at around 6500 (I think, at work trying to remember the number.. I think 6500 is luminance?). The problem is I can move the blue adjustment on my monitor way up or down and the blue slider as well as the R G sliders in the software will pretty much stay in the middle and the luminance around 100 points from 6500. I can see that the monitor is changing the blue channel because my display it is turning blue! So I ended up putting the blue channel to around the same values as the others as displayed on the monitors on screen indicators. All three software sliders are in the green zone, and the luminance is where it should be. This does not give me confidence that the monitor is at all calibrated. Hopefully I explained the well enough? How could it be that I adjust the blue channel on the monitors control panel, can see it changing in the monitor but the software sliders remain in the green zone?  Weird.  Oh, if you haven't guess I'm a new at this but enough of an analytical that this really bugs me :-)  Thanks in advance for your help.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133663\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sounds like user error - doing something wrong in the software, puck not correctly on screen - or a defective puck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up