Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Borderless printing for Z3100  (Read 2298 times)

abrehm

Borderless printing for Z3100
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:38:15 pm »

I have been trying to print a borderless 24x16" image on my Z3100 using Qimage.  So far I have been unsuccessful.  I always get 2/16" margin on the right side of the image.  Additionally, the trimmer cuts the paper, then the printer continues to print the bottom ~2/16" of the image then makes another cut.

I have checked "borderless" under layout in the Paper/Quality tab of the driver.  I have also tried both automatic and manual image enlargement.  When manual I made sure that all the margins were set to "0" in Qimage.  In both cases I get the problem as described above.  

I was thinking about setting a negative margin to fix the white space on the right side of the image, but this would not fix the printer making a cut then printing the bottom 2/16" and making another cut.

So for those who have a Z3100, how do you make borderless prints?  And, if you use it, how do you use Qimage to print borderless?

On a separate note, I am thinking about buying a roll of Moab Entrada paper.  Has anyone run any Entrada through the Z3100 yet?  How are the results?  Also, when loading the paper, do you just tell the printer that it is a "Fine Art paper >250gsm2"?

Thanks,

andy

ps. I thought it would be more efficient to ask both questions in the same post.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 08:38:29 pm by abrehm »

rdonson

Borderless printing for Z3100
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:43:31 pm »

Andy,

I really like Moab Entrada.  I've been using the bright so far but have the natural on the shelf for when I get time.  

Here's a link to the HP Tech Newsletter on non-HP papers.  Create a profile for the Moab Entrada using the Fine Art Material >Fine Art Paper >250 g/m2 paper type per page 3.

I haven't printed borderless on the Z3100.  I do wonder though if you can actually print borderless with matte paper.  Just don't know.  I couldn't on my Epson.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up