Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Hassie Tile/Shift Lens Talk???  (Read 32547 times)

Streetshooter

Hassie Tile/Shift Lens Talk???
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2007, 02:58:14 pm »

So Ray, there is one lens you are not able to use........ but you have the digiflex with 17/35mm wich gives perfect results.... so why the fusssssssss???????????
They sell it as they like. It is their propperty.
In the good old days, when there wass a huge difference between amateurs and professionals, everybody was mad about hassie because they were so expensive...... It is never wright for some people.
If you really need a 28mm corrected as with the hassieH3d, you simply buy the camera. Othrwise, you are just wining about the fact that your bussines isn't making enough monney to afford it...and you should not be crying. I have said this on more forums, when you have to ask for the price, you cannot afford it. Nowadays a lot of people are using Digibacks that actually have to hurt themselves (financially) to afford them. I have never heard a good working and monney making photographer complain about such matter.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133874\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey, why be so aggressive ?  I hope your photography is better than your spelling !

Pete

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2007, 02:59:32 pm »

If the  Hasselblad camera/digital sensor  system they are marketing is really superior,   Hasselblad would  do better to keep their system open and let the consumers decide.  They are making a large number of consumers  angry (including current customers as well as folks who have considered moving over to an H system) with their elitist  attitude and the fact that they have changed their direction  and support  for newly introduced systems a few too many times over the last several years.  However, by leaving the system open and letting consumers know they do have a choice and options,  over the long haul they may actually win over more customers who in the end might   prefer to own a single unit for all the advantages that  might bring.  In the end the quality of the product is what is going to dictate sales if people feel good about the company they are buying from.  Mark

With all due respect, this is simply rubbish. The H series digital interface was originally designed by Hasselblad as a result of considerable colaboration with Phase One, and of course Fuji who does the actual manufacturing. Phase likely knows as much about H back interfacing as anyone, so to imply that the best sensor / software combo is unique to one company simply has no basis in fact. And of course both Hasselblad and Phase use the identical Kodak sensor, which makes that point moot.

Enough said, except, why does what you write sound like it was written by a Hasselblad copy writer?

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133868\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

michael

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2007, 03:06:54 pm »

If you really need a 28mm corrected as with the hassieH3d, you simply buy the camera. Othrwise, you are just wining about the fact that your bussines isn't making enough monney to afford it...and you should not be crying.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133874\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

At the risk of pushing this thread beyond its useful life, I have to say that arguments like this are really specious. How do you know what someone can or can't afford? How do you know the state of their business? Really!

And even then, it's a hollow argument. I can afford to buy an H3D, and a 28mm and a T/S. But, I won't because I already have an H1 and an H2. I'd buy both the 28mm and and T/S in a flash, but being forced to pay $30,000 for another body and back, which I don't need, makes it an exorbitant additional expenditure. That's the crux of the issue.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Or is the game of arguing for the sake of it so appealing that common sense and civility no longer have value?

Michael

TimothyHyde

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2007, 03:12:12 pm »

I find this conversation very useful. Currently agonizing between H3D and H2/P45....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133878\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree, though after this thread I'm no longer agonizing.  H3D seems to be where the industry is headed, and where I'm going to head.

ixpressraf

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2007, 03:23:12 pm »

Sorry to all who feel offended and certainley did not wanted to be agressive by any means, but i just wanted to explain what i feel about the fuss. Only the first phrase was an answer to Ray's post( I know Ray already for some years now, and we see eachother from time to time).
I am sure most of us do not have to check their bank accounts before buing a back but most of those do not complain about being unable to use one 28mm lens.
You are wright Micheal, it is a lot of money for using the H3d. But isn't there an alternative that is even of a much better quality. Ray and myself are both using a Digiflex with the wonderfull nikon 85mm TS. I myself also us some super rotators which offer even more value for my money.
All my studio work that requires tilt/shift is done on a self adapted Sinar P2 view camera. If i had to shoot lots of interiors i would simpley buy a cambo DS or Arca swiss camera. These offer much more and better image quality then hassie will ever be able to.
At the moment there is one lens we cannot use, maybe another in the future.... so why making such a big deal about it?????? I to am using a CF39 wich is not compatible with the 28mm but there are alternatives enough to make my day a shiny one.
There are many tools you can use to obtain better quality then with the one lens you cannot use. :rolleyesOh Yes, about my spelling, i am really sorry but as a not that bright minded belgian i only serve customers in 4 different languages and until now we were able to communicate without the help of translators or other.      
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 03:31:46 pm by ixpressraf »

godtfred

• http://
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2007, 04:03:46 pm »

It's like Hasselblad is telling professionals how to correct and proccess their images. Do you really think this lens can be only corrected with Flexcolor?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133867\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Nope, but then again a magazine testing an uncorrected or poorly corrected HCD28 lens taken with a Leaf/P1/etc. back vs. a Mamiya 28 lens on a Leaf/P1/etc. back, would seem like a risk to me from a sales and marketing perspective... one I would not take if it ended up with the test showing my product as inferior because of a third party.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 04:04:33 pm by godtfred »
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2007, 05:19:15 pm »

Hey, why be so aggressive ?  I hope your photography is better than your spelling !

Pete
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133881\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No worries Pete,

I know Raf for a while, I know how to read what he is saying and feel not offended or agressively approached in any way.

I know I have to make more money, my wife is telling me the same thing

psp

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2007, 05:21:53 pm »

At the risk of pushing this thread beyond its useful life, I have to say that arguments like this are really specious. How do you know what someone can or can't afford? How do you know the state of their business? Really!

And even then, it's a hollow argument. I can afford to buy an H3D, and a 28mm and a T/S. But, I won't because I already have an H1 and an H2. I'd buy both the 28mm and and T/S in a flash, but being forced to pay $30,000 for another body and back, which I don't need, makes it an exorbitant additional expenditure. That's the crux of the issue.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Or is the game of arguing for the sake of it so appealing that common sense and civility no longer have value?

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133883\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Like all newer technologies, if you need or want to stay current, there's a price to pay. Every time I buy a new Mac, inevetibly a few weeks later, a better one comes out!

I recall you tested the Contax and HB years ago, and decided to go with the Contax, and now you have an H1 and H2. I recall you owned a Kodak back at one time - I don't recall which backs you compared it to, but I'm sure that it was expensive to convert to Phase. The industry people call this progress! :-)

Don't get me wrong - I agree, it can be expensive to change over.

PeterDendrinos

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2007, 07:57:09 pm »

Well, this has been fun guys, but i would like to return to the original question for a moment. I am to understand that Hasselblad is in fact putting together a tilt/shift lens. Can someone say what the length of the lens will be? What else is know about it? Any time frame?

Pete Dendrinos

SeanBK

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2007, 10:38:09 pm »

........forces users to buy their expensive (high margin) backs? The same goes for their 28mm ultra-wide lens, which only works on the H3D.
Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133395\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
 This was stated in the earliest post. As per my knowledge, Hasselblad backs sell for LESS $ than Phase One, they both use same Kodak sensors. Since you are so quick to point that Hasselblad IS making huge profit with their back, so Phase One should be making obscene profit with their backs!!
   As I recall from your last fall's rant @ how Hasselblad done us wrong song, you also pointed out that Hasselblad does not know how to run their business & they are loosing money & will go under in near future. That argument was rebuked and argued succesfully that it is wrong by various suppliers of Digital backs. So now you are stating that HB is making too much money in less than 9 months since your post? My... now that IS a fantastic business model we all should strive for.  
    If you find Peter's post written by HB copy writer, than do guess what all the readers of LL thinks/thought of your affiliation with Phase One.  
   I respect what you do for the free forum & your "for sale" DVD tutorials, but really ........

hubell

« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2007, 10:49:12 pm »

Well, this has been fun guys, but i would like to return to the original question for a moment. I am to understand that Hasselblad is in fact putting together a tilt/shift lens. Can someone say what the length of the lens will be? What else is know about it? Any time frame?

Pete Dendrinos
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133920\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is no question but that it will happen; the only questions are how soon and at what focal length? There is a Hasselblad dealer conference in September in the US, and possibly there will be an announcement at that time. No one who knows for sure is talking. However, everyone is assuming that it will only work with the H3D cameras.

SeanBK

« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2007, 10:53:21 pm »

...... Phase likely knows as much about H back interfacing as anyone, ....Michael
 Obviously NOT as much as Hasselblad or Phase One would have made their +/- series to be compatible with H3 camera system.
   Earlier this year you eluded that Phase One will make some BIG announcement, but it never came. It was implied they will announce their affiliation/acquisition to produce some MF camera. Kinda like Leaf & Sinar are doing, any news on that front?

hubell

« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2007, 10:59:21 pm »

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133883\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't understand the argument. There is no need for you to be out of pocket if you want to move to the H3D-39 so that you can take advantage of the 28mm and the T/S lens. You can probably sell your P45+ and trade in your H2 for an H3D at zero out of pocket cost. Do the advantages of being able to use the 28 and the T/S lenses outweigh any possible disadvantage that you may perceive to using a Hasselblad back v. the P45+? Only one way to find out. Test the H3D-39 and evaluate it for yourself with an open mind.

michael

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2007, 11:00:20 pm »

SeanBK,

You have so mischaracterized what I have written that I can't even begin to rebut it. The big lie technique of debate is simply not worth the effort to refute.

Michael

Ps: If you knew anything about the MF back business you'd understand that though the margins are very high by most measures, they need to be because the market is so small. But don't let reality confuse you.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 11:00:53 pm by michael »

psp

« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2007, 11:02:16 pm »

If you find Peter's post written by HB copy writer, than do guess what all the readers of LL thinks/thought of your affiliation with Phase One.  

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133941\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is Michael actually accusing me of not writing my posts myself? Yikes!

If so, I find it hilarious, and yet quite offensive.

Michael, was that what you meant - that HB is writing posts on my behalf??

josayeruk

« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2007, 11:12:07 pm »

Phase likely knows as much about H back interfacing as anyone...

Enough said, except, why does what you write sound like it was written by a Hasselblad copy writer?

Michael

If Phase knows as much as Hasselblad then why when you enter Live Video on a P45+ do you have to first set the camera to T and open the shutter???  On a H3D the whole process is automatic.

Why do you write like a Phase One copywriter?

Jo S.x

michael

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2007, 11:15:44 pm »

Is Michael actually accusing me of not writing my posts myself? Yikes!

If so, I find it hilarious, and yet quite offensive.

Michael, was that what you meant - that HB is writing posts on my behalf??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133947\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, not at all, and I regret that any such inference was taken. I was just commenting about your unwavering and seemingly uncritical adherence to the Hasselblad party line.

Michael
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 11:36:39 pm by michael »

michael

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2007, 11:16:26 pm »

I don't understand the argument. There is no need for you to be out of pocket if you want to move to the H3D-39 so that you can take advantage of the 28mm and the T/S lens. You can probably sell your P45+ and trade in your H2 for an H3D at zero out of pocket cost. Do the advantages of being able to use the 28 and the T/S lenses outweigh any possible disadvantage that you may perceive to using a Hasselblad back v. the P45+? Only one way to find out. Test the H3D-39 and evaluate it for yourself with an open mind.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133945\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, but then if next year Leaf brings out a superior back, or Sinar, or god forbid Phase One does, what am I to do? My path is closed. That's the whole point. A Hasselblad system is now a closed system, whereas in the past the user had choice.

I guess it all depends on whether you believe in and support open systems, or closed systems. The trend in many industrious in recent years has been for open systems, and most consumers find them to be advantageous.

I believe in and vocally support open systems and decry closed ones, no matter who makes them.

Michael
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 11:40:43 pm by michael »

michael

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2007, 11:21:32 pm »

If Phase knows as much as Hasselblad then why when you enter Live Video on a P45+ do you have to first set the camera to T and open the shutter???  On a H3D the whole process is automatic.

Why do you write like a Phase One copywriter?

Jo S.x
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133948\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Let me see.

I criticized Phase One soundly and pointedly about their extremely poorly implemented Live Preview, and yet you accuse me of sounding like a Phase One copywriter.

I fail to understand your logic. Maybe you can explain.

On second thought. Don't bother.

Michael

josayeruk

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2007, 11:25:38 pm »

Let me see.

I criticized Phase One soundly and pointedly about their extremely poorly implemented Live Preview, and yet you accuse me of sounding like a Phase One copywriter.

I fail to understand your logic. Maybe you can explain.

On second thought. Don't bother.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133953\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It simple.

You say that Phase One knows as much as H Interfacing as Hasselblad.  Yet they cannot do a simple thing like commanding the shutter to open.

If you are making a statement which is very black and white then you should check your facts first, like any good journalist.

Hopefully you can now understand my logic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up