Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Adapter recommendations for European Travel  (Read 3065 times)

mjmccormick

Power Adapter recommendations for European Travel
« on: August 13, 2007, 06:54:09 pm »

I'm getting ready to travel to France and will be taking my Canon 5D along with an Epson P-2000.  I would appreciate recommendations on power adaptors and plugs to take with me.  I'm looking for a small, lightweight, reliable package.

willow

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 01:30:18 am »

I guess you originate from the US. Where the electrical system is 120 V 60 Hz

The French electrical system is 230 V 50 Hz, which should be in the realms of both your
Camera battery charger and P2000 adaptor.

These will have the operational voltage imprinted on the adaptors - 110/240V. This is the range of acceptable working voltage – so should cause no problems.

You could replace your existing power cord/lead to the battery charger with a similar IEC-320 (‘figure-of-8’ connector) type C7 moulded plug. BUT this time with a fitted “europlug” (2 round pin plug) – where I would look for one of these is a French hypermarket like Geant or E Leclerc

Or simply buy a travel adaptor at the airport, and use your existing cords.

Where in France are you going to?

francois

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:03:45 am »

Buy a universal plug adapter (see here) or, as Willow sugested, wait to be in France and purchase a local power cord. You should be able to find one anywhere in France and it's going to be cheaper than the adapter. Just make sure that your charger supports the voltage (110v-240v) and, if you choose to buy local, charge your P-2000 before your trip.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:07:04 am by francois »
Francois

matt4626

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 11:31:55 am »

[Radio Shack sells plug adaptors, which is all you need as the electronics you listed will work with French voltage.

mjmccormick

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 03:30:32 am »

My Thanks for all for your suggestions.  Much appreciated.  We will be primarily in Paris with the option of a couple of short one to two day trips using the TGV.

francois

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 06:40:06 am »

My Thanks for all for your suggestions.  Much appreciated.  We will be primarily in Paris with the option of a couple of short one to two day trips using the TGV.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133371\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you can't buy an adapter before departure then you'll find a power cord in Paris without any problem...
Enjoy you trip
Francois

willow

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 12:30:01 am »

Paris – Great!

A alternative suggestion

Every Friday there is the largest roller skating event (google, Pari-rollers) in the world, which attracts thousands of skaters, great for night shots and to witness the "joie de vivre".

Willow
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 02:22:06 am by willow »
Pages: [1]   Go Up