To all of you who are experienced with graduated neutral density filters, I wonder if you could give a first time buyer of ND filters some advice. Here are my questions:
1. When you purchase, do you usually purchase all three (i.e. 0.3/0.6/0.9), or can you cut some costs with equal results combining a 0.3 with a 0.6, and then not purchase the 0.9?
2. For shooting nature scenes like rice fields and beautiful blue skies, do you find yourself using hard steps or soft steps? I'm asking because I might not be able to afford a set of each, and therefore want to choose what I'll get most use out of.
3. Next, do you ever find a time for using ND filters with people?
4. Setup wise, am I wise to go with a Cokin P system, and then combining Singh-Ray or Lee with that? Or, am I just better to go with Cokin all around? I've heard from a friend that he gets more clarity in images by using Singh-Ray over Cokin. I guess he ought to for the price difference!
5. Lastly, will Cokin P work with my Canon 16-35 2.8L and my 24-70 2.8L? I noticed on Cokin's site that they rate Cokin P for 28mm and up, but X-Pro for 15mm and up.
Thanks for the input.