Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta C1 4  (Read 39326 times)

ternst

Beta C1 4
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2007, 07:38:30 am »

This is still just nuts - some of you have reported you have opened Plus files with standard ACR 4.1 or LR, untethered, but were shot by someone else - a Phase dealer. The rest of the world cannot open the files. What is going on? Is there anyone here who has actually shot a plus file to a card and then able to open it via ACR or LR? If so, is there a magic word? Thanks...

Also, does anyone know for sure if DNG will be included in the C1 beta 4? That would solve the issue for now as well.

Tim Ernst in Arkansas

LA30

Beta C1 4
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2007, 08:50:49 am »

Is there anyone here who has actually shot a plus file to a card and then able to open it via ACR or LR? If so, is there a magic word? Thanks...

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134484\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Please re-read the above posts...

The short answer is NO.

ternst

Beta C1 4
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2007, 12:03:37 pm »

ScottKen:

I have read the posts several times and some guys still claim they have opened non-tethered plus files with ACR - that is why I continue to question this...

Tim Ernst in Arkansas

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Beta C1 4
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2007, 01:56:06 pm »

Not so. This is likie saying you are the "best" photographer. Adobe has a very good solid Raw converter but it's not necessarily "best" in any way. If you have time, download the demo of Raw Developer and compare the file quality, or run Canon DPP on a Canon file ... either of these will knock your socks off.

C1 is very very good with Phase files. And so it should be.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i am not saying that LR does the best conversions...IMO LR is the best all around software solution available today...
and actually i prefer the LR conversions of my P30 files to the C1 conversions....Lr gives me everything i want: clean shadows, wide DR and supersmooth files....C1 is looking a little brittle in comparison....
i really see the difference when i use the RZ lenses....if the lenses are top quality, the file needs no sharpening and LR does the better job...for me...but this is very subjective.....i am sure other people with different subject matter would disagree....

LA30

Beta C1 4
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2007, 01:57:44 pm »

I would say at this point to wait on it......I am.  At some point they will open with out a magic wand.

Ken

jklotz

• http://www.jamesklotz.com
Beta C1 4
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2007, 10:38:18 pm »

I use both C1 and LR. LR for my Canon 5D files and C1 for the P25 files. I'd probably be using LR for the whole damn thing if it could only be able to apply the LCC correction to the phase files. It's a major issue when working with a large format, wide angle lens. Kind of stinks, as I've never been a C1 fan, but I'm stuck using it until Adobe figures out how to do the LCC correction, which is probably not at the top of thier "features we need to add" list.

Henry Goh

Beta C1 4
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 01:50:38 am »

I use both C1 and LR. LR for my Canon 5D files and C1 for the P25 files. I'd probably be using LR for the whole damn thing if it could only be able to apply the LCC correction to the phase files. It's a major issue when working with a large format, wide angle lens. Kind of stinks, as I've never been a C1 fan, but I'm stuck using it until Adobe figures out how to do the LCC correction, which is probably not at the top of thier "features we need to add" list.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135176\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Would shooting a reference gray card at the start of each session not be workable?

jklotz

• http://www.jamesklotz.com
Beta C1 4
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2007, 07:57:26 am »

Would shooting a reference gray card at the start of each session not be workable?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135209\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, it is something different. Wide angle large format lenses produce magenta and purple color casts with a Phase one back. Don't know if this is the case with all digital backs, but the work aronnd is to shoot a frame while covering the lens with a white plastic card. This is then saved as a "lens cast calibration" or LCC in C!, which can then be applied to the frame and the color cast is removed. It works pretty well, although until somebody addresses this issue with another raw converter, you're prettyt much married to C1 as long as you shoot wide angle, large format. BTW - I've also got a Contax 645 that I use with the same back, and have almost never seen this issue.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up