Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for real honest critique  (Read 2761 times)

thr33facce

Looking for real honest critique
« on: August 13, 2007, 07:18:09 am »

First of all, I know that this is my first post in this great place. Therefore I hope I don't ask too much.

I am looking for direct, honest and most importantly real opinions and critique of my photos.
Please don't try to play nice and make my pictures look better than they are.

I would really appreciate if you post only things you really mean that way.

Also you don't have to look at every single image my blog contains. Just pick out those you want to comment on. I hope it poses no problem that I only give you a link to my Photoblog. But as my blog is not publicly listed anywhere (besides my dpreview signature) and I have no ads on it, so I make no money from it, plus it's on the university provided webspace, I guess it's ok.

The link would be: http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0605112/php/index.php

If you comment on some specific picture it would be nice if you could include the image number that appears at the end of the URL in the form of .../index.php?showimage=108.
The number in bold is the image number.

If you think that my post is inapropriate and/or I ask too much please inform me and I will apologize for that.

I am really looking forward to your replies.

have a nice day

X-Re

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 10:19:58 am »

Geiger,

You have some neat stuff on your blog!

998 (flowers w/ shotgun hulls) made me laugh  Well done.

97 (crayfish on the table) is a nice image - I would like a little more DoF, so that all the crayfish are in focus, but the rest of the table is as it appears now.

84 (broken beer bottle) could possibly be made a bit stronger by cropping - maybe take some off the bottom, or the bottom and left?

59 (yellow flowers) is cool, but I would like to see more of the stalk of the flower, and less of the top of the frame. It seems like it might've been better to just point the camera a little bit lower.

Generally speaking, the layout of your Photoblog is a bit distracting - having the thumbnails of images right up against the image makes it kind of hard to get a real feel for the main image, as the edges of the image are not well defined. You might think about re-arranging that a bit...

Dave
Dave Re
dave@daverephoto.com website: [u

thr33facce

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:30:19 am »

Dave (X-Re):

thank you very much for your comments, I really appreciate them.

Don't worry about the blog design, it has changed 5 times already. I regard the blog as experimental/temporary. The next template I choose/edit/make will employ your recommendations.

thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up