Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: profiling new papers with Z3100  (Read 1510 times)

sloow

• http://paullitherland.com
profiling new papers with Z3100
« on: August 12, 2007, 02:24:30 pm »

I am trying to generate a new profile for my Z3100, but seem unable to get the printer to print with a decent black once everything is done. The paper I have been trying to profile is Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte. When I produce the printer calibration and the subsequent paper profile, the calibration charts look fine, with the black being a good deep black. After choosing the profile however, the prints that are produced are low contrast, although well color balanced. Not at all like the prints I see coming from the lab which is using the same printer.

Perhaps the problem is coming from the beginning part of the paper selection. In this case I've tried both Coated heavyweight paper, and photo paper matte to start, but it seems that neither of them will make the printer use the photo black ink and as a result, the black just isn't black.

Any help would be most appreciated.

thanks
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 02:26:15 pm by sloow »

rdonson

profiling new papers with Z3100
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 05:00:40 pm »

I've used Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte, which used to be known by the more easy to say, Epson Enhanced Matte on my Z3100.  One thing I did notice is that creating a profile for it with the base 400 patch target produced a reasonably good print.   After creating a profile with APS and 918 patches things looked noticeably better.  I've not had a problem with blacks and the paper.

If you're using Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte paper I'd be happy to share the profile I created.  Just PM me with your email.

How are you adjusting the image in softproof?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 05:02:00 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up