Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor calibration  (Read 2148 times)

casterle

Monitor calibration
« on: August 12, 2007, 12:46:56 pm »

Hello,

I just received my new Z3100ps, which comes with an eye-one calibration device. I'm never calibrated my monitors before.

After calibration, the monitors were much darker than I'm used to (they're used for software development - my day job) which makes text more difficult to read.

Since I only need the calibrated profiles when I'm running PS, Painter X, etc. can I tell the OS to not use the profiles by default but still have my graphics software use them?

-Leroy

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Monitor calibration
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 01:01:36 pm »

Hello,

I just received my new Z3100ps, which comes with an eye-one calibration device. I'm never calibrated my monitors before.

After calibration, the monitors were much darker than I'm used to (they're used for software development - my day job) which makes text more difficult to read.

Since I only need the calibrated profiles when I'm running PS, Painter X, etc. can I tell the OS to not use the profiles by default but still have my graphics software use them?

-Leroy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132812\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Options:

- Upgrade the software of your hardware monitor calibration device to one that lets you set the luminance level of the monitor, thus making it brighter. Upgrading the software is possible with Spyder2, which I use, don't know about others.
- Use a different profile for PS work (the one that's calibrated) and another one for rest (the default profile)
- Remember the brightness setting at the properly calibrated level, and jack up the brightness on your monitor when you need, returning back for PS work

casterle

Monitor calibration
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 01:56:51 pm »

Options:

- Upgrade the software of your hardware monitor calibration device to one that lets you set the luminance level of the monitor, thus making it brighter. Upgrading the software is possible with Spyder2, which I use, don't know about others.
- Use a different profile for PS work (the one that's calibrated) and another one for rest (the default profile)
- Remember the brightness setting at the properly calibrated level, and jack up the brightness on your monitor when you need, returning back for PS work
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132815\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi feppe,

Thanks for the suggestions.

If I use two different profiles, do you know if there's a way to tell PS CS2 to use a different one than the OS (XP SP2) is using?

-Leroy
Pages: [1]   Go Up