Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Retrospective  (Read 2898 times)

Rob C

Retrospective
« on: August 10, 2007, 03:52:22 am »

What a depressing start to the day: it´s just 9.45a.m. on a reasonably nice morning in August and I have to be dumb enough to start it by looking at a book!

After that display of virtuosity I might as well just leave the Nikons lying in the box, take up golf and turn my back forever on the world of images.

But on the other hand, as the song goes, thanks for showing me (again!) just how much is out there, had I but the eyes to see it for myself, rather than to have to rely on someone else´s ability!

Absolutely beautiful stuff!

Ciao - Rob C

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Retrospective
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 09:28:17 am »

Rob, rather than being depressed, be inspired - I like to think of these resources as guidance for where to strive.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Rob C

Retrospective
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 12:23:49 pm »

Rob, rather than being depressed, be inspired - I like to think of these resources as guidance for where to strive.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark - depression: that was yesterday and, of course, slightly tongue-in-cheek.
Today I have managed to hang a bead curtain across an archway on the side of our terrace - it makes for a cooler alternative to the wooden door which, though well varnished (no ego failure here), does stop any breath of fresh air which in this summer period is essential to survival! Ordinarily, we would have left it open, but, Sod´s law, we have new neighbours who have taken to leaving cycles against the wall. Were this not bad enough - we have nice gardens - they have now put a bloody rubber dinghy beside said bikes. I wonder if cactus can accidently...

I bet they don´t explore LuLa - philistines!

Ciao - Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up