Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF5000 Clearance Sale Continues  (Read 8584 times)

John Hollenberg

iPF5000 Clearance Sale Continues
« on: August 08, 2007, 10:53:17 pm »

Just posted on the Wiki:

Color HQ has the iPF5000 and Roll Feed Unit for $999.  Add a full set of inks to this for an additional $400:  

http://www.colorhq.com/index.asp?PageActio...PROD&ProdID=481

Deals probably won't last long as they are clearing out this merchandise before the release of the 5100.  

No affiliation with Canon   or Color HQ.

--John
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:26:30 pm by John Hollenberg »

ed j

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 10:44:55 pm »

Just posted on the Wiki:

Color HQ has the iPF5000 and Roll Feed Unit for $999.  Add a full set of inks to this for an additional $400: 

http://www.colorhq.com/index.asp?PageActio...PROD&ProdID=481

Deals probably won't last long as they are clearing out this merchandise before the release of the 5100. 

No affiliation with Canon   or Color HQ.

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132255\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

if i read the page right price is $999 without inks

John Hollenberg

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 11:00:09 pm »

if i read the page right price is $999 without inks

$999 is the price with only the 90 ml starter inks that come with the printer.  For an additional $400 you get a second set of the regular 130 ml cartridges.  A steal at this price.  Prior to this offer, you would pay $1295 (printer and RFU) + $850 (full set of 130 ml inks) = $2145 to get the same combo that you can (temporarily) get for $1399.

--John
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:00:37 pm by John Hollenberg »

llama

• http://www.uncommonpear.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 02:53:45 pm »

John,

I'm thinking of getting one, but was curious to know what made you change your "Do not buy" recommendation from March 2007 to a "buy" recommendation now?

Also, I'm in Canada and I'm wondering if I would have trouble getting local warranty service (roll paper feeder, etc) if I buy from ColorHQ?

Thanks!

John Hollenberg

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 04:01:27 pm »

I'm thinking of getting one, but was curious to know what made you change your "Do not buy" recommendation from March 2007 to a "buy" recommendation now?

Good question.  First of all, this is my personal recommendation.  The Wiki no longer takes a position for or against buying the printer.  Instead, we point out the pros and cons of this particular printer compared to other 17 inch printers.

My personal recommendation is based on:

1) The great price, especially if you get a full set of 130 ml inks along with the printer.  At $1400 for the combo, you can print for a long time.  The iPF5100 may not be discounted so much, and paying full price for replacement inks could cost you at least $800 more.  Will the iPF5100 be better?  Probably, but perhaps not $800 better to make a heck of a lot of prints.
2) We aren't getting any more reports of Canon USA refusing to replace defective ink cartridges
3) Canon service seems to have improved so there are few reports of problems
4) The latest firmware (1.25) appears to be more frugal with ink used for cleanings than earlier versions
5) Canon now offers a "verbal warranty" of one year on the printheads (or 2.5 liters of ink each) .  The newer PF-03 heads have a counter built in (or into the firmware) and come with a written one year warranty.  While less than optimal given their high price, this is a heck of a lot better than no warranty.
6) Still NO reports of clogging
7) The printer just keeps working.  I keep a roll of Epson Premium Luster loaded and make a print whenever I want without doing a nozzle check.  The prints are great.

You can go to the front page of the Wiki and be directed to a lot more information about the pros and cons of this particular printer.

--John

llama

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 10:51:52 pm »

Thanks for the info John. I've looked over the latest at the wiki and the downsides seem reasonable given the costs and the evolution of the situation.

I've contacted ColorHQ to inquire about shipping costs as I'm in Ottawa, ON, Canada - about 4.5 hours North East of Michael in Toronto.

Thanks again.

N

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 01:35:02 am »

I see Shades of Paper has iPF8000s for $4200 delivered and iPF9000s for $6500 delivered. Insane. Prices not online (yet) - only via phone. And no, I have no affiliation with them or anyone else...
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

llama

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 02:27:04 pm »

Order was placed earlier this week and delivery has been arranged -- involved a long day in my parents' mini-van, but shipping to Canada was complex and costly. I'll have in a couple of weeks.

N

kevin2i

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 03:46:10 pm »

Bought one, with extra ink set.  Shipping is Free (small charge if you don't have a loading dock or fork lift) - which makes this a great deal. Brian is very helpful if you have any questions.

Be prepared for a 'pretty big' box, on a pallet, maybe 100 pounds.  I did set this up by myself (out of my truck, into my house, onto my desk).  I would not recommend trying it by yourself!  

I bought a roll of the 190 satin - decent paper (not remarkable) but a little delicate.

One of my starter inks just failed . . . .  

mkress65

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 04:02:54 pm »

You can also roll the dice on the lift gate -- the guys who delivered mine provided the lift gate service for free (at least I didn't pay for it.)

Canon has a good history of overnighting replacement carts, just give 'em a call and they should help.  They'll probably send you a label to return the defective one as well.

Matt

Bought one, with extra ink set.  Shipping is Free (small charge if you don't have a loading dock or fork lift) - which makes this a great deal. Brian is very helpful if you have any questions.

Be prepared for a 'pretty big' box, on a pallet, maybe 100 pounds.  I did set this up by myself (out of my truck, into my house, onto my desk).  I would not recommend trying it by yourself! 

I bought a roll of the 190 satin - decent paper (not remarkable) but a little delicate.

One of my starter inks just failed . . . . 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138714\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

dcra4

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 05:10:00 pm »

I'll just add my 2 cents worth. I've had my iPF 5000 with roll feed for 8 months now. I've had no clogs, no breakdowns, no problems and the prints are fantastic. I will have to admit that the documentation is terrible. John's WIKI has been super and provided the answers to all my questions. THANK YOU JOHN!

llama

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 09:45:02 pm »

I got mine set up late last week and have been loving it. I also got the extra ink set and like others have commented, service from ColorHQ.com was fantastic.

Thanks to John for his work on IPF 5000 Users' Wiki and I encourage all of you IPF5000 owners to pitch-in and build the body of knowledge about this printer. We'll all benefit from it.

N

John Hollenberg

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 11:33:49 pm »

For those still considering the iPF5000 the clearance sale continues at itsupplies.com

For $1235 you get printer, roll feed unit, and a second set of 130 ml inks!  Original set is starter cartridges (90 ml), second set is full 130 ml carts.

Best price I have ever seen.  Have ordered from itsupplies several times and had only excellent service.  No other relationship with them.

--John

Pete Berry

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 02:44:53 am »

Got my "backup" 5000 from Color HQ w/ extra inks ($1400, sigh!) a couple of weeks ago, and I'm starting to feel like a durned cannibal. So far I've excised the RFU spindle to keep a 2nd roll paper handy, the maintenance tank, the cassette tray so I can keep two cutsheet sizes loaded, and four of the 130ml ink tanks.

In spite of all this, that box on in the garage just seems to get bigger every week.

Pete

marcmccalmont

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 02:47:46 am »

For those still considering the iPF5000 the clearance sale continues at itsupplies.com

For $1235 you get printer, roll feed unit, and a second set of 130 ml inks!  Original set is starter cartridges (90 ml), second set is full 130 ml carts.

Best price I have ever seen.  Have ordered from itsupplies several times and had only excellent service.  No other relationship with them.

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140600\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I ordered mine last week!
Thanks
Marc
Marc McCalmont

mkress65

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 09:07:32 am »

In spite of all this, that box on in the garage just seems to get bigger every week.

Pete
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140633\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My wife has commented on the very same phenomenon...

Matt

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 05:16:11 pm »

IT Supplies no longer lists the 5000 at any price. Too bad. ColorHQ still has it for $999, with an offer of a full set of inks for another $400.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 07:50:43 pm »

IT Supplies no longer lists the 5000 at any price. Too bad. ColorHQ still has it for $999, with an offer of a full set of inks for another $400.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141067\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shades of Paper has been known to beat even those prices on the phone...
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

John Hollenberg

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 02:50:24 pm »

IT Supplies no longer lists the 5000 at any price. Too bad.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141067\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is listed again, for $967.  You can get printer, roll feed unit and an extra full set of inks for $1235.

--John

Julianne

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 01:57:06 pm »

Thanks for the update. I am still shopping for a great color printer.

Trying to figure out where to put it is another issue.

Anyone else have suggestions of where to shop for it online this October?

--Julianne

Good question.  First of all, this is my personal recommendation.  The Wiki no longer takes a position for or against buying the printer.  Instead, we point out the pros and cons of this particular printer compared to other 17 inch printers.

My personal recommendation is based on:

1) The great price, especially if you get a full set of 130 ml inks along with the printer.  At $1400 for the combo, you can print for a long time.  The iPF5100 may not be discounted so much, and paying full price for replacement inks could cost you at least $800 more.  Will the iPF5100 be better?  Probably, but perhaps not $800 better to make a heck of a lot of prints.
2) We aren't getting any more reports of Canon USA refusing to replace defective ink cartridges
3) Canon service seems to have improved so there are few reports of problems
4) The latest firmware (1.25) appears to be more frugal with ink used for cleanings than earlier versions
5) Canon now offers a "verbal warranty" of one year on the printheads (or 2.5 liters of ink each) .  The newer PF-03 heads have a counter built in (or into the firmware) and come with a written one year warranty.  While less than optimal given their high price, this is a heck of a lot better than no warranty.
6) Still NO reports of clogging
7) The printer just keeps working.  I keep a roll of Epson Premium Luster loaded and make a print whenever I want without doing a nozzle check.  The prints are great.

You can go to the front page of the Wiki and be directed to a lot more information about the pros and cons of this particular printer.

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133690\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up