Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: For all Sinarback Users  (Read 15564 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
For all Sinarback Users
« on: August 08, 2007, 10:02:02 am »

To all Sinarback Users,

The latest Captureshop Version 5.5 can be downloaded from our webpage (www.sinarcameras.com) under "Downloads" ---> "Software"

Best regards,
Thierry
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 10:02:17 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:06:37 am »

To all Sinarback Users,

The latest Captureshop Version 5.5 can be downloaded from our webpage (www.sinarcameras.com) under "Downloads" ---> "Software"

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132121\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So I havnt RTFM

Opened up.

Prompted for camera H1/2 greyed out !

camera is connected with FW cant 'download images from internal memory' greyed out

Wats up !

Does it work with Eylike Emotion 22 ??

SMM
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 11:12:41 am by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

David WM

• http://
For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 10:13:27 pm »

It  works well, I thought I had a problem when it caught me out in that the internal storage images were not automatically selected when downloading from internal storage, need to click "select all" now, which is how you'd expect it to operate anyway.
It is a lot quicker and more responsive than 5.4.2 on my old G5 dual1.8.
David
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 12:50:51 am by David WM »

thsinar

For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 12:37:21 am »

Dear Sam,

when using an eMotion back, you have to set the camera to "eMotion Generic Camera" in the Hardware Settings from Captureshop, NOT H1/H2!

Best regards,
Thierry

So I havnt RTFM

Opened up.

camera is connected with FW cant 'download images from internal memory' greyed out

Wats up !

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132138\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 07:25:03 am »

To all Sinarback Users,

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry:

What are the features of the software update?  It seems that we might be getting quite close to the release of eXposure, yes?  How will they differ?

I use the 54 H to photograph art.

Jerry

ziviani

• http://www.ziviani.com
For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 10:11:23 am »

To all Sinarback Users,

Best regards,
Thierry

thsinar

For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 09:01:22 pm »

Sam,

did you try out my tip to solve your probem (select "eMotion Generic Camera" in the camera settings)?

Please come back to me.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

So I havnt RTFM

Opened up.

Wats up !

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132138\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 12:12:33 am »

Sam,

did you try out my tip to solve your probem (select "eMotion Generic Camera" in the camera settings)?

Please come back to me.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132586\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well I managed to download images using C 5.22 and then play with them in 5.5 - no luck actually downloading in 5.5

I am not seeing the saturation or exposure compensation facilities in the controls>process tab

Aditionally it is stressing out my little laptop to 'unusable' unlike the eyelike or brumbayer/CS2 (changes take place way too slow)

I love the way you can make the curves box really big - very accurate to adjust - but only RGB

Tho colour balance 'wheel' is way too small and not adjustable using numeric values either

Therefore subtle changes in colour are hard/impossible to dial in IMO

This makes it currently unusable to me - which is a concern considering i should get my 54LV next week

Another plus in Cshop v Emotion software are the scaleable previews so you can work on a large image (if you had the computer power)

Another issue is that cancelling after clicking on an image to open is stalls the operation and forces me to force quit the app

Sorry but it is currently no good for me on my tinky machine
(my office machines are all PC)

nb I have been extremely busy this week so testing has been pretty hurried

S

thsinar

For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 05:56:05 am »

Dear Sam,

You must be doing something the wrong way, or not having the current eMotion firmware loaded: it needs at least firmware 4.45. Please check and let me know.

then:

- Kindly read the "Read Me" file provided with the installer: among others, it is said that it needs OSX 4.9. or higher.

- The "Saturation" & "Exposure Compensation" are obviously not activated: "CONTROL" + "CLICK" in the "Process" panel to get the "Pull-Down" menu and select the plugins you wish to have displayed (or not): all the plugins can be activated or disactivated this way.

- Which Mac system/configuration are you using? Incidentatlly: PM me a "System Profile" of your computer ---> open "Profiler Maker" from your Apple Menu and save this file as "XML" file and send it to me or our tech. CS 5.5 does not slow down (should not) the process compared with CS 5.4 and previous versions.

- You CAN get the RGB values in the "Tone Curve" by clicking the "ctrl" key at the same time you check the "Info" values with your eyedroper in the image.

- "Grey Balance": the values set can be saved: go to left corner pull-down menu of the plugin and save it. Actually all plugins settings can be set this way and re-applied at wish and on the images aelected.

- What do you mean with "my office machines are all PC"?: pls. send me details about your computer configuration (See above): CS 5.5 is stable and you might have to trash the old "Preferences" and re-start the computer (don't forget to "Empty" the trash. The CS Preferences can be found in "Home" ---> "Library" ---> "Preferences".

- Finally, and to help you further, you can use the "Help" files delivered with CS. Go to the CS Menu ---> "Help": these contain all necessary information.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Thierry

Well I managed to download images using C 5.22 and then play with them in 5.5 - no luck actually downloading in 5.5

I am not seeing the saturation or exposure compensation facilities in the controls>process tab

Aditionally it is stressing out my little laptop to 'unusable' unlike the eyelike or brumbayer/CS2 (changes take place way too slow)

I love the way you can make the curves box really big - very accurate to adjust - but only RGB

Tho colour balance 'wheel' is way too small and not adjustable using numeric values either

Therefore subtle changes in colour are hard/impossible to dial in IMO

This makes it currently unusable to me - which is a concern considering i should get my 54LV next week

Another plus in Cshop v Emotion software are the scaleable previews so you can work on a large image (if you had the computer power)

Another issue is that cancelling after clicking on an image to open is stalls the operation and forces me to force quit the app

Sorry but it is currently no good for me on my tinky machine
(my office machines are all PC)

nb I have been extremely busy this week so testing has been pretty hurried

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132608\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 05:56:57 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Murray Fredericks

• http://www.murrayfredericks.com
For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 08:05:49 am »

Hi Thierry,

I am now using Brumbaer for the highlight recovery feature. i was wondering if that has been incorporated into this release?

Murray
Exhibition Website   http://www.murrayfr

thsinar

For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 09:04:19 am »

Dear Murray,

No, this will be integrated in Exposure.
As an information: the "Read Me" file coming with the CS 5.5 installer gives all details about the details of this version.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi Thierry,

I am now using Brumbaer for the highlight recovery feature. i was wondering if that has been incorporated into this release?

Murray
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132779\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

PdF

For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 09:15:50 am »

Thank you for the information , Thierry. I've allways introduced CS 5.5 in my Macs, and everythink works well !

Je suis cependant toujours désolé de constater qu'avec une Sinarcam 2, la vitesse maximum autorisée est toujours le 1/8 de seconde, alors qu'on était au 1/30 voici quelques années avec le CaptureShop 3.

Cela trouvera-t-il enfin une réponse avec le tant attendu CS 7 ?

(Sorry for my french language, most comprehensive for your best friend Thierry Sinar).

PdF
PdF

fpoole

• http://www.frankpoole.com
For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 11:09:46 am »

Theirry,

5.5 gives a huge improvement in speed and stability over previous version.  I am only using it on a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo [10.4.10] right now with a Sinarback 54H.  I would say that time to open files has been cut almost in half.  I don't test with a stopwatch but the program overall  seems snappier.  
I would highly recommend it to anyone who is hesitant.  
I have yet to load it on my desktop. When I do I will give you a report.

Best,

Frank Poole
www.frankpoole.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 04:57:28 pm »

Quote from: thsinar,Aug 11 2007, 09:56 AM

IT NOW WORKS FOR ME

You must be doing something the wrong way, or not having the current eMotion firmware loaded: it needs at least firmware 4.45. Please check and let me know.

DID THAT (was on V2!)

OSX 4.9. or higher yes

- The "Saturation" & "Exposure Compensation" are obviously not activated: "CONTROL" + "CLICK" in the "Process" panel to get the "Pull-Down" menu and select the plugins you wish to have displayed (or not): all the plugins can be activated or disactivated this way.

Nothing is obvious! - why should one choose to 'right click' over blankness to find a facility !

-----

Any way

I like (vs Eyelike software)

option for large previews

The massive levels box

I dont like

(I have one slow laptop and fast desktop PCs)

It is slower to feed changes through to the preview image

No subtle colour controls that I can find

The colour wheel is way too sensitive and cannot be programmed numerically ??

No curves adjustment of individual colour channels ??

No fast export to HTML contact sheet ??

SMM
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 06:38:35 pm by Morgan_Moore »

BJNY

For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 06:41:12 pm »

Thierry,
After your vacation, would you respond what the cause of the eXposure software delay is.  I heard + read it would be available in Spring 2007, and now you're stating early 2008 (if no further slippage).  Why was "Spring 2007" ever mentioned if a total rewrite was known will take much longer?
Very un-Swiss and un-German behavior.  I'd be very "frustrated" had I purchased an eMotion digital back in late 2006, and being told eXposure software was right around the corner.
Billy
Guillermo

thsinar

For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 08:20:13 pm »

Sorry Sam, I meant "obviously" for myself, when you said that the Exposure Compensation and Saturation plugins had disappeared.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Morgan_Moore,Aug 13 2007, 03:57 AM
Quote from: thsinar,Aug 11 2007, 09:56 AM

IT NOW WORKS FOR ME

DID THAT (was on V2!)

OSX 4.9. or higher yes

Nothing is obvious! - why should one choose to 'right click' over blankness to find a facility !
-----

Any way

I like (vs Eyelike software)

option for large previews

The massive levels box

I dont like

(I have one slow laptop and fast desktop PCs)

It is slower to feed changes through to the preview image

No subtle colour controls that I can find

The colour wheel is way too sensitive and cannot be programmed numerically ??

No curves adjustment of individual colour channels ??

No fast export to HTML contact sheet ??

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132850\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 08:24:22 pm »

Thierry,
After your vacation, would you respond what the cause of the eXposure software delay is.  I heard + read it would be available in Spring 2007, and now you're stating early 2008 (if no further slippage).  Why was "Spring 2007" ever mentioned if a total rewrite was known will take much longer?
Very un-Swiss and un-German behavior.  I'd be very "frustrated" had I purchased an eMotion digital back in late 2006, and being told eXposure software was right around the corner.
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132869\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i suppose you woud have been a very happy camper if you woud have purchased in 2006 an emotion back and short times later you would have  found out that there are tools  available, called brumbaer tools, which already are beating all other softwares on the mf market in terms of file quality and also workflow speed. no need for any other software for the emotion backs i.m.o.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 08:24:51 pm by rehnniar »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

thsinar

For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 08:31:11 pm »

Dear Billy,

No need to wait for my return to give you an (obviously unsatisfactory) answer.

YES, it was planed to release Exposure in June '07 latest. As any (most, should I say) software, there have been unexpected delays due to problems encountered, also willingness from our side to run a true beta-testing with real users and customers before releasing it, unlike other applications. This beta-testing alone was planed later to last for 2 months.

Also we (Sinar) have never "sold" the eMotion together with Exposure to potential customers: we have just mentioned/informed that there would be a new capture application available. The eMotion backs do work with Captureshop, since the begining.

I know very well that this is not an excuse for the delay, but it is the reality.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,
After your vacation, would you respond what the cause of the eXposure software delay is.  I heard + read it would be available in Spring 2007, and now you're stating early 2008 (if no further slippage).  Why was "Spring 2007" ever mentioned if a total rewrite was known will take much longer?
Very un-Swiss and un-German behavior.  I'd be very "frustrated" had I purchased an eMotion digital back in late 2006, and being told eXposure software was right around the corner.
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132869\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 01:28:07 am »

Sorry Sam, I meant "obviously" for myself, when you said that the Exposure Compensation and Saturation plugins had disappeared.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132883\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for helping me get it to function.

Can you comment on my other questions.

1) Will a 54LV work with Eyelike software (which I still find fastest)

2) How can you simply make subtle colour adjustments in Capture Shop ?

those colour adjustments may not be seeking accuracy but a pleasant 'tone'

3) How can you export a fast HTML contact sheet in Capture Shop?

4) without shooting tethered is it possible to calibrate using images of white and gregtag card

SMM

thsinar

For all Sinarback Users
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 08:35:11 am »

Dear Sam,

pls. let me some time to answer you in detail.

Thanks,
Thierry

Thanks for helping me get it to function.

Can you comment on my other questions.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132924\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up