Thanks guys. I had tried searching earlier, but somehow missed that thread. After pouring through that thread ( http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....92;.341\.0
in case you're interested ), here's what finally worked for me:
- Go to Printers and Faxes.
- Delete the icon for the Z3100.
- Still in Printers and Faxes, Select "File", "Server Properties".
-- On the Ports tab, delete all "HPDesignJet..." ports.
-- On the Drivers tab, delete the "HP DesignJet Z3100" and any others you don't need.
- Delete "C:\Program Files\HP Designjet Z3100 Photo Series" and all subfolders
- Install the driver, selecting "FILE:" for the connection.
- Install the driver again, but this time select Networked Printer. You may get some error messages, but keep going.
- Delete the "FILE:" version of the printer in Printers and Faxes.
Sorry, but what a royal pain in the a$$. Four hours of my weekend wasted because HP can't be bothered to test their installation procedure. Or have tech support on weekends for a $4000 printer. Come on, HP!