Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tripod I.D. ??  (Read 1822 times)

baltochef920

Tripod I.D. ??
« on: August 05, 2007, 11:00:41 am »

Is anyone able to identify for me the carbon-fiber tripod used by Michael Thompson in his review for the Pentax 67II 800mm f6.7 ED (IF) lens w/ the dedicated 1.4x tele-extender??..

I am interested in knowing the manufacturer, importer to the USA (if any), price, & availability..

Thanks,  Bruce

P.S.

My apologies for this thread!!

Must have looked at the 67II 800mm review 4-5 times, & NEVER noticed that the info for the tripod WAS RIGHT UNDER THE PHOTO!!!!

My Bad

Bruce
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 12:26:56 pm by baltochef920 »

baltochef920

Tripod I.D. ??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 02:23:18 pm »

Searched online for Schweizer tripods..

Only reference is to the review here at Luminous Landcsape by Mr. Thompson..

Only thing that came up similar on the searches was Sachtler video carbon fiber tripods..

These look similar to what one can see of the Schweizer tripod in the photos in the review..

Can't really tell what the Sachtler's look like as the photos at B & H, Adorama, etc. do not show great detail..

The Sachtler website in Switzerland is unaccessable to me using Comcast & Google search engines via my Comcast ISP..

As the Sachtlers cost $2000 plus USD (are the Schweizer's the same??) I would need much more complete information before even considering such a purchase..

Does anyone here have any knowledge of either of these brands, or any other comparable tripods??..

Thanks,  Bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up