I have been using LR 1.1 for sometime on my Mac Pro (8 cores, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.4.9) and was happy with the peformance until today...
No idea what is causing this, but the performance is now plain awful for most of the operations:
- the computing of the preview in Library mode takes forever,
- scrolling is very slow too,
- clicking on any of the control in develop diaplays the OS turning wheel and it takes a few seconds for the control to act,
- zooming on images is very slow and they sometimes never get fully focused.
I have tried:
1. to re-built the catalog,
2. to re-install LR 1.1.
Hardly any improvement.
- The library is stored locally and is fairly small (1200 images),
- I have re-booted but didn't see any improvement,
- I have not added any new hardware recently,
- I have not added any significant new softare recently either,
- Brdge and PS CS3 Extended are as fast as they used to be,
- The activity monitor shows very low CPU and disk usage.
This situation is driving me crazy and any help would be most welcome. I even wouldn't mind getting rid of my current library if I were sure that it would solve the issue, but don't know where it is stored.
Thank you in advance,