Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R2400, Archival Matte & CS3 soft proofing  (Read 1622 times)

StephenEdgar

• http://stephenedgarphotography.com
R2400, Archival Matte & CS3 soft proofing
« on: August 04, 2007, 03:12:09 pm »

Hi Folks,
I would be grateful for any advice or solution to the following query.
I am trying to set up soft proofing for an Epson R2400/Epson Archival Matte/CS3 'workflow'. I can pick the paper from the drop down "Device to Simulate"menu, but I do not seem to be able to click the "Simulate Paper Black" option. The box is 'grayed out'. (The option IS available for many other paper options, but not Archival Matte)
Is this option simply not available with this printer/paper combination, or is there a reason why it is not available?
Perhaps I need to select some other paper to obtain the Epson Matte soft proof?
Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks
Stephen Edgar

picnic

R2400, Archival Matte & CS3 soft proofing
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 03:51:31 pm »

Hi Folks,
I would be grateful for any advice or solution to the following query.
I am trying to set up soft proofing for an Epson R2400/Epson Archival Matte/CS3 'workflow'. I can pick the paper from the drop down "Device to Simulate"menu, but I do not seem to be able to click the "Simulate Paper Black" option. The box is 'grayed out'. (The option IS available for many other paper options, but not Archival Matte)
Is this option simply not available with this printer/paper combination, or is there a reason why it is not available?
Perhaps I need to select some other paper to obtain the Epson Matte soft proof?
Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks
Stephen Edgar
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=131488\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Scott,  Do you have 'simulate paper color' checked?  Uncheck it and you can then check 'simulate black ink'.  I don't believe you can check both--I don't remember that you ever have been able to do that--but according to PS help, you will get simulate color or black ink if the profile supports it.  In truth, I've never seen but one of them available at a time--maybe someone knows differently about this, but I've always had to uncheck one of them to use the other.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up