Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: warning: digitalcamerabattery  (Read 2665 times)

santa

warning: digitalcamerabattery
« on: August 03, 2007, 02:00:27 am »

I sent my digitalcamerabattery in for repair/replacement after getting an email from "michele" that included a PDF with a Repair form. I mailed it next day to FL from AK with a note asking for a response asap as I had a wedding coming up. That was about three weeks ago and multiple phone calls and emails have gone unanswered. I emailed back to her directly as well as to info@ and left messages at the phone number.

I knew there was an issue with their status but after getting a response quickly on a question via email I felt assured all would be fine. Apparently not.

Just a word to the wise.

francois

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 03:24:04 am »

Rob Galbraith wrote an article about Digital Camera Battery in July (here).

Tanks for the info.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:24:23 am by francois »
Francois

mwookie

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 04:30:18 am »

Thank you for the notice. I was just looking at their DCB9168 for my 580. Please let us know what come of it. Do others have good experience or bad experiences with this company recently?

Thanks.

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 11:55:55 pm »

They have been horrible to deal with of recent.  I will not order from them again.  Their customer service was horrible on the few times I could even get through.  THey did not respond to emails and tried to blame me for their mistakes even though I had emails to prove I was correct.  It is too bad they had a good product but there are too many alternatives to take the risk.

Thank you for the notice. I was just looking at their DCB9168 for my 580. Please let us know what come of it. Do others have good experience or bad experiences with this company recently?

Thanks.

santa

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 02:39:24 am »

I have emailed them roughly 6 times and phoned them long distance three or four times, all to no avail. I now assume I am not getting my battery back. As expensive as it is, it isn't worth trying to hire an attorney or any such thing. Perhaps they will contact me in the future but by then I will have purchased another external battery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up