Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kudos to Epson  (Read 2038 times)

LAD in LA

Kudos to Epson
« on: August 03, 2007, 12:58:48 am »

We're all so quick to criticize when a company's support is awful; I wanted to put in a good word for astonishingly good support I just received from Epson.

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R2400.  Bought it a year ago, and for the past month or so, I've had problems with paper feeds.  I called tech support and thought I was getting the usual offshore read-from-the-script garbage, when suddenly the support guy said "you're right; you've done what you can; I'm sorry for the inconvenience; we believe in our printers and we'll send you a new one."

No arguments; no shipping it somewhere for weeks to be repaired.  They VOLUNTEERED to replace it!  You could have blown me over.

The new printer arrived today; I'm required to send the old one back in the box the new one came in, and they pay for the shipping.  

Epson now has a loyal customer for life.  Amazing!!!

P.S.  Did I mention that I was on the last few days of the one-year warranty and they STILL did this???

dgillilan

Kudos to Epson
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 05:51:16 pm »

We're all so quick to criticize when a company's support is awful; I wanted to put in a good word for astonishingly good support I just received from Epson.

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R2400.  Bought it a year ago, and for the past month or so, I've had problems with paper feeds.  I called tech support and thought I was getting the usual offshore read-from-the-script garbage, when suddenly the support guy said "you're right; you've done what you can; I'm sorry for the inconvenience; we believe in our printers and we'll send you a new one."

No arguments; no shipping it somewhere for weeks to be repaired.  They VOLUNTEERED to replace it!  You could have blown me over.

The new printer arrived today; I'm required to send the old one back in the box the new one came in, and they pay for the shipping. 

Epson now has a loyal customer for life.  Amazing!!!

P.S.  Did I mention that I was on the last few days of the one-year warranty and they STILL did this???
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=131307\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm very glad to hear reports like this, I currently own four Epson printers, from the small dye-ink R320 to the 13" wide format R1800 (two) and my pro 3800 17" wide format model. Pleased with all. Glad that you were supported by Epson,
Debra

Bill Koenig

Kudos to Epson
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 06:36:40 pm »

I'm very glad to hear reports like this, I currently own four Epson printers, from the small dye-ink R320 to the 13" wide format R1800 (two) and my pro 3800 17" wide format model. Pleased with all. Glad that you were supported by Epson,
Debra
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=131510\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Been there, done that. I'm on my third 3800 (this one works just fine)  the first and second were defective. Same thing, they send me a new one, only took a couple of days, I send the bad one back. Very good support.
Bill Koenig,
Pages: [1]   Go Up