Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PHP Photo Matte  (Read 1922 times)

DHDSP

PHP Photo Matte
« on: August 02, 2007, 07:35:00 am »

Hi !

I just got some "hp photo matte" paper (Q5492a) for my r2400, but can't determin the coated side - if any. A quick test printing on both sides shows virtually no difference.

Is this paper coated or even double sided (there is on side that is a bit smoother than the other)?
How can I find the "right" side of any paper ?

TIA
Peter

PS: For microporous paper I just lick it - if the tongue get's stuck, it's the right side

rdonson

PHP Photo Matte
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 11:15:17 pm »

Hi !

I just got some "hp photo matte" paper (Q5492a) for my r2400, but can't determin the coated side - if any. A quick test printing on both sides shows virtually no difference.

Is this paper coated or even double sided (there is on side that is a bit smoother than the other)?
How can I find the "right" side of any paper ?
TIA
Peter

PS: For microporous paper I just lick it - if the tongue get's stuck, it's the right side
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Click [a href=\"https://h41186.www4.hp.com/Data/supplies/datasheet/en/media_Matte_Photo_Paper_Q5492A_0.pdf?pageseq=349270]here[/url] for info on the paper.

Generally I just moisten my thumb and fore finger.  Whichever "sticks" to the paper is the side with the coating on it.  

I'm not sure about this paper on pigment ink printers.  There's conflicting info in HP's own data.  One part says that this paper works with the Z2100/3100 pigment printers and the in the permanence section says pigments aren't compatible.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up