Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak DCS Pro Back 645 IR Filter  (Read 3257 times)

tgsworldwide

Kodak DCS Pro Back 645 IR Filter
« on: August 01, 2007, 12:12:59 pm »

I am in search for a Kodak DCS Pro Back 645 IR Filter. The part number is 2J6653. If anyone has an extra on they would like to sell please let me know.

Thank You

P.S. I am in need of one because the coating on mine is coming off. Not scratched or anything, it just started coming off while cleaning the filter. Has anyone experienced this?

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 02:21:52 am »

Have you tried contacting Kodak directly? Even though the back is discontinued, they may have the filter.

If memory serves, it is listed under either of two parts numbers: 2J6653, or maybe 1160084. It won't be cheap.

Never had this problem, but I rarely clean the filter since the back almost never comes off the camera. I find that sensor brushing gets rid of the (mostly loose0 stuff I accumulate.

Let me know what you find out.
michael sebast

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 12:59:53 pm »

Tim - Try Ebay as sometimes they come up.

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 11:00:20 am »

I am done with Kodak as I should have been years ago. It just isn't worth it to me to put money into old technology.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132449\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Understand your frustration. At the time I bought my ProBack, early May '06, there were few choices for used backs under $10k; I made the best deal I could on my ProBack in Contax mount (they were selling dear then), and have generally been happy with it despite its glaring limitations (workflow more than image quality,which has been stellar). Of course, shortly after, the first refurb Aptus 17 backs became available for not much more $ than I paid, with manufacturer support and warranty available. Que sera.

I hope to move to Phase or Aptus once my work volume can justify the cost, and I'm not figuring on getting very much for the ProBack at sale.

Or maybe the Nikon D3x will get born and I'll be tempted in that direction instead!!
michael sebast
Pages: [1]   Go Up