Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Stream? H3D? P-whatever?  (Read 3444 times)

Bruce MacNeil

Which Stream? H3D? P-whatever?
« on: July 30, 2007, 06:30:04 pm »

OK - I am biased towards purchasing a H3D-39 - seems like a good rig and not super expensive.

That said - I use Aperture now (everyone else seems to use LR) and I do not want to purchase the 'less than popular' option due to support and 'borrowing lenses from my pals' issues.

So - what gives - is there some secret reason why people on this forum seem to favour Phase?
Bruce MacNeil PhD; M. Div.; M.Fol.

zekai

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:54:37 pm »

OK - I am biased towards purchasing a H3D-39 - seems like a good rig and not super expensive.

That said - I use Aperture now (everyone else seems to use LR) and I do not want to purchase the 'less than popular' option due to support and 'borrowing lenses from my pals' issues.

So - what gives - is there some secret reason why people on this forum seem to favour Phase?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130740\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i somehow seem to feel, people here favour leaf! lol.
The phase one back and the hasselblad back both uses the same kodak sensor chip.
the hasselblad is locked into its own system while phaseone can pretty much mount onto  hasselblad v series or mamiya rz67 with optional interface plate. or the phase also have  mount for mamiya 645.

using phase... more cables running round... but they seem to be performing very well and getting the job done.

yaya

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:19:13 am »

If you use Aperture then there's only one choice for you right now, you won't regret it

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 02:24:21 am »

I think what you notice is the market share difference. P1 is by far the largest player, most people are quite happy with their backs so that might give you the impression this forum is P1 biased.

If any you could even say it is Sinar biased, I believe it is the smallest player but is quite vocal over here. Even with a rep on board.

The one player that is not that well represented I feel is Hasselblad/Imacon but somehow I believe that will change within the near future.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 02:41:43 am »

So - what gives - is there some secret reason why people on this forum seem to favour Phase[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130740\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Phase got thier act together with the p25 about 3 years ago - an untethered back that worked and had no stupid crop on 645

At that time imacon was tethered only and eyelike was a mystery

Hire shops have good stock , techs know C1, attractive upgrades - a positive circle was started

The positive cycle contiues

and is boosted be phase keeping ahead with ISO and  (out of the box) colour improvements

But phase has no LCC, no dedicated body/lens system and it is hard to swap between systems compared to the sinar plate system

So the others have advantages

A bit like Canon - everyone (exept me) has it now so even if Nikon release a 20mp full frame wonder the take up may be comparitively bad even if the product is good

IMO

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Bruce MacNeil

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 11:36:55 am »

Also - what backs are compatibe with Light Room?

I tried ACR with my 1D-III files and was amazed compared with Aperture - IMHO much better.
Bruce MacNeil PhD; M. Div.; M.Fol.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 11:41:26 am »

Bruce,

The Sinar eMotion backs are compatible with LightRoom and any other DNG compatible application (with "eMotion DNG Converter") and produces fantastic results.

Best regards,
Thierry

Also - what backs are compatibe with Light Room?

I tried ACR with my 1D-III files and was amazed compared with Aperture - IMHO much better.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130843\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

David Blankenship

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 01:33:18 pm »

If you use Aperture then there's only one choice for you right now, you won't regret it
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130791\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

YaYa,

I use Aperture and love it with my Nikon D2X , but why does Leaf not support the Mamiya ProTL camera body,   Hasselblad and Sinar support it.   Leaf supports the defunked Bronica ETRSi  & SQAi bodies which are good,  any particular good reason why they should not  support the Mamiya Pro TL.  There are a lot of them out there just waiting for a lower cost digital back.  

db
Pages: [1]   Go Up