Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my 3800 after 2 months  (Read 2431 times)

theophilus

my 3800 after 2 months
« on: July 28, 2007, 02:05:10 pm »

I just thought I'd share my Epson 3800 experience after 2 months, these types of posts were very helpful to me in my research.

I can't add anything to what has been said about print quality, of course it is outstanding.  But I jumped up from an older Canon dye based printer so there probably wasn't any possibility except to be impressed.

For the first month I turned it off when not in use.  I made probably 40 prints sporadically between 5x7 and 17x25 in size.  I live in Austin, it has been very humid this summer due to the excessive rain.  I did not experience any clogs.  I run a nozzle check on plain paper from the printers control panel every time I power it up to use it.

Then I went on vacation for three weeks, I set my thermostat on 85 to save some money.  I covered the printer with a blanket and unplugged it.  When we got back it was ridiculously humid in the house because the a/c didn't run much when we were gone.  

I ran a nozzle check and had 4 clogs.  Three head cleanings later everything was cleared out, no power clean was necessary.

The Advanced B&W mode is really nice, I highly suggest trying it out.

I highly recommend this printer if you are considering it...

madmanchan

• Web
my 3800 after 2 months
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 01:42:24 pm »

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the update. How did you discover the clogs? Did you run a regular nozzle check? Did you try running the Auto Nozzle Check?
Eric Chan

theophilus

my 3800 after 2 months
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 06:58:52 pm »

I ran a nozzle check from the printer's control panel initially, then I initiated a head cleaning manually.  Then I ran the Auto Nozzle Check 2 more times until the clogs cleared out.  I had two stubborn clogs that took the extra 2 times.  I was trying to avoid a power clean due to the extra ink usage.

madmanchan

• Web
my 3800 after 2 months
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 07:06:08 pm »

Hi Tommy, thanks for the info. I'm surprised to hear that you had to manually activate the Auto Nozzle Check twice. In principle, it should automatically fix the clogs and continue alternating between scanning and cleaning until done ...
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up