Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elinchrom Monoblocks  (Read 3161 times)

BobDavid

Elinchrom Monoblocks
« on: July 28, 2007, 11:00:40 am »

Does anyone have any experience with the "Digital Style" Elinchrom monoblocks? I'm considering either the 1200 RX or the 600 RX units. According to the specs, the 600 appears to throw out more light than comparably rated 600 watt second units (Broncolor, Profoto, Alien Bees). I'll be using the strobes for photographing art work. The lights and lens will be polarized.

mcrepsej

• http://www.iversenfoto.dk
Elinchrom Monoblocks
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 06:19:53 pm »

Hi Bob.

I have 4 years experience with RX600 and RX1200 and have only god words to say.
They do work day after day. And if you connect the Elinchrom Sky Port system to the RX flash you will be surpriced. It is just working.

Best regards

Hank

Elinchrom Monoblocks
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 07:38:48 pm »

I've used them on a couple of occasions and was impressed.  Not enough to buy yet another set of lights, but wouldn't hesitate if I needed them.

I have to observe that you may find 600's to be limiting power-wise for some settings, particularly if for larger spaces or groups of people, or especially when you need lots of DOF.  It doesn't fit everyone, but our rule is you seldom have too much light power but when you need it most, it's easy to have too little.  We have some 800 w/s blocks that work okay in our smallest shooting room, but generally don't leave the shop with anything less than 1600 w/s.  YMMV.

BobDavid

Elinchrom Monoblocks
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 08:39:09 pm »

Thanks for your comments. I went ahead and ordered two 1200s. I think the extra f stop will come in handy.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 08:48:46 pm by BobDavid »

Snook

Elinchrom Monoblocks
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 10:31:16 am »

Which line is the better  line of Elinchrom.
In other words which ones are best for the famous Short flash duration.
I would like to get a mono block for when I need to "freeze" things better?
Thanks for any information.
Snook
Pages: [1]   Go Up