Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 'all cartridges faulty'  (Read 3569 times)

John Eaton

z3100 'all cartridges faulty'
« on: July 27, 2007, 01:09:46 pm »

I acquired a 24" z3100ps GP 2 weeks ago -- initial set up, calibration, etc went fine -- printed some images to compare with previous set up (Epson 2200) -- all B&W -- very impressive results, especially on H Fine Art Pearl.

Then, while printer was idle, got error message that all cartridges need replacing -- 'Ink Cartridge Faulty Replace Ink Cartridge' on lcd panel with all cartridge positions flashing.  Cartridges are the original one's shipped with printer and are 50-70% full.  Full power down a couple of times mysteriously made it go away and I was able to successfully print again.  It happened again, same outcome -- but it's now happened a third time and always ends in this state at the end of the initialization cycle.

Has anyone out there experienced anything similar to this?  Any suggestions/ideas will be most welcome!

Many thanks, John

ternst

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 02:36:18 pm »

John:

My z3100 reported the gray ink out a week ago and since I did not have a replacement handy I shut it off while I awaited delivery of the new cart. Fed-X ground lost the ink I had ordered so it still has not arrived, but I happened to turn the printer back on again yesterday to check something and low and behold I had 9ml of gray ink showing and all was fine. I made about 20 prints before it once again told me the gray was out (prior to the last print it showed I still had 8ml left). After letting it sit overnight I'm starting it up again in hopes more gray ink was produced by the printer!

YES, I just fired up the printer and now have 7ml of gray ink!

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 04:43:13 pm »

Is what you're experiencing anything like what was reported in this thread?
Regards,
Ron

John Eaton

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 06:12:10 pm »

Is what you're experiencing anything like what was reported in this thread?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130193\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ron

No, I don't have out-of-warranty messages, but it does look like a firmware issue as it flags all the cartridges not one specific one.

Thanks, John

Charles Gast

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 10:01:30 pm »

I'm still on starter carts except the light gray one.  They gray cart has now been saying it is low and at 16ml. Problem is I have printed four 12x18 prints and two 24x17 black and white prints but it still says there is 16ml in the gray cart. I am concerned the head will be sucking air before I find out it really is empty.

rdonson

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 10:42:57 pm »

Ron

No, I don't have out-of-warranty messages, but it does look like a firmware issue as it flags all the cartridges not one specific one.

Thanks, John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130199\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John, what firmware are you running?  I believe that 5.0.0.4 is that latest firmware and that the latest drivers are 61.71.341.0
Regards,
Ron

John Eaton

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 12:15:35 pm »

John, what firmware are you running?  I believe that 5.0.0.4 is that latest firmware and that the latest drivers are 61.71.341.0
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130220\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ron

I'm running 4.0.0.6 as I have a ps GP model -- I've checked with HP tech support and they confirm that this correct and I shouldn't move to 5.0.0.4

Latest news is that after another 2 hours on the phone with Tech support it looks like that it may be hardware and they're going to send out a live person next week

John

rdonson

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 01:00:41 pm »

Ron

I'm running 4.0.0.6 as I have a ps GP model -- I've checked with HP tech support and they confirm that this correct and I shouldn't move to 5.0.0.4

Latest news is that after another 2 hours on the phone with Tech support it looks like that it may be hardware and they're going to send out a live person next week

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130302\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I hope the tech is able to sort things out for you, John.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up