Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macbook Pro 17" matte or glossy  (Read 2297 times)

Gman2

Macbook Pro 17" matte or glossy
« on: July 25, 2007, 10:10:47 am »

I'm about jump ship into the mac world with a Macbook Pro 17". I have been using a Dell high end glossy notebook with 1900x1200 for about 3 years and have the  24"  dell  monitor (matte). I do not have a problem going between the two. My clients are impressed with glossy screen in the field..

I know most photographers prefer the matte.

What is your opinion on glossy screen?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Macbook Pro 17" matte or glossy
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 04:00:59 pm »

I'm about jump ship into the mac world with a Macbook Pro 17". I have been using a Dell high end glossy notebook with 1900x1200 for about 3 years and have the  24"  dell  monitor (matte). I do not have a problem going between the two. My clients are impressed with glossy screen in the field..

I know most photographers prefer the matte.

What is your opinion on glossy screen?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129848\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have been using Apple Laptops for a long time, and recently switched to the glossy screen.

To me it is far superior to the matte screen.  Since reflections in the screen are out of focus to your eyes, they are not disturbing (in fact rarely even noticeable) and the screen can actually be viewed in brighter light.  I could actually use the screen in the front seat of car when riding to California recently without the screen even at full brightness.

The blacks are richer, all colors more saturated, and things just appear "sharper".  I just upgraded to the latest 17" with the higher pixel density screen, again in gloss ... fantastic.

My only regret is the new LED backlight, which I think would be a nice feature for a laptop, isn't available in the 17" model yet.  Alas, another upgrade in the near future.  Fortunately so far I have found it easy to sell my slightly used ones.

A couple of friends have since moved to glossy screens as well.  They all like it better as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up