Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Sharpening  (Read 2565 times)

Nick Rains

• http://www.nickrains.com
Web Sharpening
« on: July 24, 2007, 06:59:29 pm »

Hi

Is there a setting for sharpening web gallery exported images? The develop module applies sharpening to the full sized image but not to reduced sized web images, AFAIK.

The Web module works just great, but the large images need a bit of sharpening to look their best. How can I do this?
Nick Rains
Australian Photographer Leica

jani

• Øyet
Web Sharpening
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 07:19:20 am »

Is there a setting for sharpening web gallery exported images? The develop module applies sharpening to the full sized image but not to reduced sized web images, AFAIK.

The Web module works just great, but the large images need a bit of sharpening to look their best. How can I do this?
As far as I've been able to determine, Lightroom does not currently let you adjust that.

Here's what I do:

1) Create the gallery with Lightroom.

2) Edit the image files in an external editor, and save them to the same directory (content/bin/images/large).

With 1.0, I did this when I wanted larger images anyway.

In general, the web module is nice for a quick hack of a web gallery (as in "push these images to the web now, and I don't have PHP on my webserver"), but not much more.

The "finished" gallery needs a copious amount of editing after the fact to work with e.g. sublevels of galleries (unless there's a magical way of doing this with templates that I've missed), and there are too many minor annoyances.

I'm about to test JAlbum to see if that does the job better.

The flash gallery feature is nearly useless if you have images with mixed aspect ratios, and there is no way of predicting image size.

Oops, sorry for ranting.  
Jan

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Web Sharpening
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 02:46:47 pm »

The "finished" gallery needs a copious amount of editing after the fact to work with e.g. sublevels of galleries (unless there's a magical way of doing this with templates that I've missed), and there are too many minor annoyances.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There's somthing [a href=\"http://theturninggate.com/blog/ttg-gallery-index-for-adobe-lightroom]here[/url] which seems to allow sub-galleries. I've not tried it myself...

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up