Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad back w/mamiya equipment.  (Read 5370 times)

sgphoto844

Hasselblad back w/mamiya equipment.
« on: July 23, 2007, 11:48:46 am »

Looking for any information on this combination of equipment.

David Blankenship

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:30:49 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129529\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You need to be a little more specific about which Mamiya product--Hasselblad product  your asking about.  

db

jmboss

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 01:40:02 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129529\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

sgphoto844,

I suppose your question needs to be more detailed.

If you are referring to the 645 format:

Hasselblad V lenses on Mamiya camera bodies; yes.

Hasselblad V backs (digital or film) on Mamiya camera bodies; no, I cannot recall ever encountering such a setup, unless using an interchangable mount adapter available with some of the Sinar and Imacon brand MFDBs.

For the Mamiya 6x7 format:

Yes, I have seen Kodak DCS Pro Backs and Pro Back Plus models (all of these were made in the Hasselblad V mount) with plate adapters and also Phase One MFDBs with plate adapters.

I suppose a Hasselblad film back adapter plate may exist as well or can be fashioned by someone like SK Grimes.

Joe Bossuyt
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 01:48:22 pm by jmboss »

sgphoto844

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 02:08:10 pm »

sgphoto844,

I suppose your question needs to be more detailed.

If you are referring to the 645 format:

Hasselblad V lenses on Mamiya camera bodies; yes.

Hasselblad V backs (digital or film) on Mamiya camera bodies; no, I cannot recall ever encountering such a setup, unless using an interchangable mount adapter available with some of the Sinar and Imacon brand MFDBs.

For the Mamiya 6x7 format:

Yes, I have seen Kodak DCS Pro Backs and Pro Back Plus models (all of these were made in the Hasselblad V mount) with plate adapters and also Phase One MFDBs with plate adapters.

I suppose a Hasselblad film back adapter plate may exist as well or can be fashioned by someone like SK Grimes.

Joe Bossuyt
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129553\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks, Jim. I have quotes for a Hass CF22 back and a Mamiya adapter plate for the RZ. I also know a nother photographer working with a Phase One and Mamiya RZ. Just looking for more feedback if anyone has used the RZ/Hass back combo.

sgphoto844

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 02:09:38 pm »

You need to be a little more specific about which Mamiya product--Hasselblad product  your asking about.  

db
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129552\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mamiya RZ and Hass/Imacon CF22 back with adapter plate. Any experience?

ixpressraf

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 02:26:09 pm »

I somethimes use my 384 and CF39 on a RZII and that works fine. Tack sharp and no problems whatshovever. I do not have the original mamiya to V adapter but an old Leaf adapter to use the C-most on an RZ. I have this piece modified to fit the larger hassie backs.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 02:26:31 pm by ixpressraf »

David Blankenship

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 02:26:24 pm »

Mamiya RZ and Hass/Imacon CF22 back with adapter plate. Any experience?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129556\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The crop factor on this combo would be greater than (1.5 ).      A more usable choice would be a  Mamiya Afd II or even the Mamiya Pro TL body would provide a 1.1 crop factor.  

db

sgphoto844

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 02:46:21 pm »

I somethimes use my 384 and CF39 on a RZII and that works fine. Tack sharp and no problems whatshovever. I do not have the original mamiya to V adapter but an old Leaf adapter to use the C-most on an RZ. I have this piece modified to fit the larger hassie backs.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129559\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can you tell me what your "384" is? And if I'm only shooting magazines size imagery do I need the 39?

sgphoto844

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 02:53:27 pm »

The crop factor on this combo would be greater than (1.5 ).      A more usable choice would be a  Mamiya Afd II or even the Mamiya Pro TL body would provide a 1.1 crop factor.  

db
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129560\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll still shoot film with this camera set-up, but want the digital option. Can I use a 65 and 75/Shift and get away with it? Rather not jump into a new system. If I do I'll go all Hassleblad.

ixpressraf

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 02:57:26 pm »

Can you tell me what your "384" is? And if I'm only shooting magazines size imagery do I need the 39?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129566\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The Imacon 384 is the multishot version of the 96C 16Mp back. I only use it one shot on the mamiya.
For most applications 16Mp is more than enough. But since a lot of printed stuff isn't square, you might consider a 132C or 22 CF 22Mp back. The nice thing about these back's is that they fit all camera's when using the appropriate adapter. Also because of the firmware upgrades yoe don't need to buy an upgrade as with phase one. My 16Mp makes beuatifull pictures at 200 and 400 iso, even when these speeds where absolutely unusuable when i bought this back.
Eversince the latest upgrades i rarely shoot anything else then 400 Iso with my back's.... the 384 aswell as the 22CF.

David Blankenship

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 03:00:55 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129566\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The 384 is an older multi shot back used mostly for product photography, or when you need larger files with improved resolution.  The 39 back would be extreme over kill  for magazine work, the 30 megapixel back would provide a more useful range for editorial photography.  All this info is on the hasselblad website,  www.hasselblad.com or talk to Steve at PPR.   www.ppratlanta.com

db

sgphoto844

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 03:04:46 pm »

The Imacon 384 is the multishot version of the 96C 16Mp back. I only use it one shot on the mamiya.
For most applications 16Mp is more than enough. But since a lot of printed stuff isn't square, you might consider a 132C or 22 CF 22Mp back. The nice thing about these back's is that they fit all camera's when using the appropriate adapter. Also because of the firmware upgrades yoe don't need to buy an upgrade as with phase one. My 16Mp makes beuatifull pictures at 200 and 400 iso, even when these speeds where absolutely unusuable when i bought this back.
Eversince the latest upgrades i rarely shoot anything else then 400 Iso with my back's.... the 384 aswell as the 22CF.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129569\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The 22 CF is what I would purchase and I am told the adapter plate fits fine with the Mamiya RZII. I'm trying to limit the outlay of cash as much as possible. I would probably shoot at 100 iso as well. So you're ahppy with the Imacon/Hass back?

sgphoto844

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 03:10:43 pm »

The 384 is an older multi shot back used mostly for product photography, or when you need larger files with improved resolution.  The 39 back would be extreme over kill  for magazine work, the 30 megapixel back would provide a more useful range for editorial photography.  All this info is on the hasselblad website,  www.hasselblad.com or talk to Steve at PPR.   www.ppratlanta.com

db
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129570\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. I'm planning on going with the 22 CF back. There's a guy in Hartford, CT I've been talking to about this equipment. Basically I'm trying to move as seamlessly as possible into the digital world. If I can do it with my existing equipment it would be great. Unfortunately I'm sure there'll be a number of glitches I'll have to overcome. I shoot architectural and decorative interiors and I'm getting boxed in by one of my magazine publishers.

ixpressraf

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 03:12:21 pm »

The 22 CF is what I would purchase and I am told the adapter plate fits fine with the Mamiya RZII. I'm trying to limit the outlay of cash as much as possible. I would probably shoot at 100 iso as well. So you're ahppy with the Imacon/Hass back?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129571\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The 22 CF is a fine back, i even use it far more as my 39CF( wich is indeed serious overkill for most shots but comes in handy when needed) If you need high speed you better go for the H3d 31 solution. But if you really want to use the RZ, this is not an option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up