Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hy6 and digital backs for 6008AF  (Read 5230 times)

StuartR

• http://www.stuartrichardson.com
Hy6 and digital backs for 6008AF
« on: July 23, 2007, 07:12:22 am »

Now that the Hy6 is coming out, does this mean that more backs will be compatible with the Rollei 6008AF? It seems like certain accessories from the 6000 series will work on the Hy6, and I am pretty sure one of them is the 4560 film back (645 film back). Given that the 4560 back works on both the Hy6 and 6008AF, would that mean that digital backs would also be interchangeable? All that said, I imagine that if you are in the market for a digital back, it probably makes more sense just to get the Hy6, but it might be nice to have the option of using it on a 6008af if that is possible. In any case, if people know the answer to this I would be curious to hear it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 07:12:46 am by stuartr »

Lawrie Hope

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 07:44:54 am »

Now that the Hy6 is coming out, does this mean that more backs will be compatible with the Rollei 6008AF? It seems like certain accessories from the 6000 series will work on the Hy6, and I am pretty sure one of them is the 4560 film back (645 film back). Given that the 4560 back works on both the Hy6 and 6008AF, would that mean that digital backs would also be interchangeable? All that said, I imagine that if you are in the market for a digital back, it probably makes more sense just to get the Hy6, but it might be nice to have the option of using it on a 6008af if that is possible. In any case, if people know the answer to this I would be curious to hear it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129491\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Stuart, the Sinar HY6 and Leaf AFi is a direct response to Hasselblad closing the doors to the other Back manufacturers with their H3D. Jenoptik who own the project to build the new cameras just happen to use a design from Franke & Heidsecke who have used the Rollei 6008 lens mount around the new design. This means that all those existing 6008 users can benefit from using their old lenses on the new system (manually). So in answer to your question, it is very unlikely that you will see manufacturers supporting the old 6008.

Lawrie Hope
Peartree
www.peartreerental.com

StuartR

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:49:49 am »

Stuart, the Sinar HY6 and Leaf AFi is a direct response to Hasselblad closing the doors to the other Back manufacturers with their H3D. Jenoptik who own the project to build the new cameras just happen to use a design from Franke & Heidsecke who have used the Rollei 6008 lens mount around the new design. This means that all those existing 6008 users can benefit from using their old lenses on the new system (manually). So in answer to your question, it is very unlikely that you will see manufacturers supporting the old 6008.

Lawrie Hope
Peartree
www.peartreerental.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129497\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes Lawrie, but the Hy6 doesn't use just the same lens mount, it also uses the same REAR mount...or at least there is some similarity considering the Hy6 uses the Rollei 4560 film back. So my question is given that they have the same or similar rear mount, does this mean that you can use backs designed for the Hy6 on the 6008AF...I realize that new backs would not be specifically tailored to the older models.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 08:23:34 am »

Dear Stuart,

ALL Sinarbacks are "usable" on any common existing MF platform by means of their changeable adapter plates: just change the adapter plate and mount the corresponding adapter for the 6008 (AF or not).

Best regards,
Thierry

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129491\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

yaya

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 09:56:22 am »

Yes Lawrie, but the Hy6 doesn't use just the same lens mount, it also uses the same REAR mount...or at least there is some similarity considering the Hy6 uses the Rollei 4560 film back. So my question is given that they have the same or similar rear mount, does this mean that you can use backs designed for the Hy6 on the 6008AF...I realize that new backs would not be specifically tailored to the older models.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129498\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To clarify, the rear mount on the AFi/ Hy6 is TOTALLY different to the one on the 6008.

The Rollei 4560 film back fits on the AFi/ Hy6 via an adapter.

As Thierry suggested, there are backs (Sinar and Hasselblad) that fit the 6008 by using a specific mounting plate.

Yair

StuartR

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 11:47:34 am »

To clarify, the rear mount on the AFi/ Hy6 is TOTALLY different to the one on the 6008.

The Rollei 4560 film back fits on the AFi/ Hy6 via an adapter.

As Thierry suggested, there are backs (Sinar and Hasselblad) that fit the 6008 by using a specific mounting plate.

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129508\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok, that's just what I needed to know. I know of the Sinar, Hasselblad and Phase One (db20p) that work on the 6008AF. I was under the impression that the 4560 was a native fit on the Hy6, so if this is not the case, then I understand how there wouldn't be compatability. Thank you all for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up