Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 drying time on canvas  (Read 1975 times)

Arhaeus

• http://
Z3100 drying time on canvas
« on: July 23, 2007, 05:54:44 am »

I printed something on HP Collector Satin Canvas (from the samples that came with the printer)3 weeks ago, and it did not dried properly. The color it can be very easy scratched with the finger. I printed on dye ink on canvas with a HP designjet 2500PS and the color is very stable even after an our after the printing.
All pigmented inks dried so slow or what?

Avalan

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 03:20:40 am »

Not sure about your experience. You can change and increase the drying time to max in 3100 , although not clear that it may solve your problem.

I have tried Fredrix water resistant canvas with excelent result. (Supplier was Booksmart studio-great service). "'Breathing color chromata white canvas"was also good . It is 20.5 mil and thicker than 18 mil which is the max suggested thickness for 3100. Fredrix might be safer to avoid possible headstrikes since it is 18 mil.

No drying time issuse with any of mentioned canvases.

You may want to coat the canvas for added scratch and water resistance. They come in different brands with the chioce of matte , semigloss or gloss.  Booksmart studios and Breathing color supply some nice coatings. I recommend spray instead of rolling or brushing. You will need a well ventilated spray room for this.

Good luck

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 03:24:02 pm »

I printed something on HP Collector Satin Canvas (from the samples that came with the printer)3 weeks ago, and it did not dried properly. The color it can be very easy scratched with the finger. I printed on dye ink on canvas with a HP designjet 2500PS and the color is very stable even after an our after the printing.
All pigmented inks dried so slow or what?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129486\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Many of the coated canvas are delicate.  Normally it's not the inks, but the coating itself that is easily damaged.

I think most coat the canvas after allowing enough time for outgassing, which provides it with some added protection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up