Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: leaf 11 software......perfect!!  (Read 6059 times)

nicolaasdb

• http://
leaf 11 software......perfect!!
« on: July 21, 2007, 12:40:35 pm »

I never used to shoot directly to the computer....to many problems when using leaf 8 or 10.
But now I shot the last 2 days to the computer using leaf 11...viewing my images in Bridge CS3...and it worked without any error readings.....when I by accident pulled the FW cable out of the computer...just connected it again and there was no need to restart any software.

So leaf stepped up to the plate and gave us the tool we needed to look professional!!

Tomcat

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 02:45:25 pm »

Same experience here (other than stepping on the cable).   Leaf 11 is what I've been waiting for!

pixjohn

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 04:11:22 pm »

Maybe if they implement the gain utility into 11, I would think the same way as you!

photo570

• http://www.shoot.co.nz
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 04:19:13 pm »

I am also very pleased with Leaf Capture 11   , although there seems to be one small fly in the ointment, once it is installed on a machine, V8 no longer seems to work on that machine, some sort of conflict? As per the discussions on a few other threads lately, not everyone gets rid of their old backs, they just use them for back up, or specialized niche jobs. More of a hassle than any thing else, as I have V8 on another machine, would just be nice to not have to jump around to do a job.

Cheers
Jason
Jason Berge
www.shoot.co.nz

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 09:56:38 pm »

Maybe if they implement the gain utility into 11, I would think the same way as you!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129581\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I expect the Custom Gain utility to be implemented in the final release of LC11. Doesn't mean it will for sure happen, but my understanding is that it is on the list.

Steve Hendrix
PPR
www.ppratlanta.com
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

NBP

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 04:36:10 am »

Am I going mad/stupid, or is anyone else's Colour temp silider the wrong way round?

I don't normally use it, but I just wanted to warm up the look of an image and knocked it down to 4000K and the image went blue...
Knocked it back the other way to 7000K & it went warm...

brumbaer

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 04:49:36 am »

Am I going mad/stupid, or is anyone else's Colour temp silider the wrong way round?

I don't normally use it, but I just wanted to warm up the look of an image and knocked it down to 4000K and the image went blue...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129659\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Depends on what it is supposed to do.

If the slider represents the color temp. of the shot going to 7k will have to warm the image, because the shot is "too blue" and you have to compensate for it.

If the slider represents the color temp. of the image going to 7k will have to cool the image, because than white has to be on the blue side.

So it's philosophy not technology

Regards
SH

E_Edwards

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 06:45:01 am »

Well, it's been about a year since I bought my A65s and I am still using the old 8.4 because the Rollei ControlS digital shutter is not fully implemented with any version after version 8.

I was told months ago that they were working on it, but no joy. So for large format users, it's either tinkering with a manual shutter or be resigned to using ancient 8.4

Edward

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 06:56:42 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129659\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Every color temp slider I have seen sofar operates that way.

I am very happy with LC11 as well though I only use it for shooting tethered.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 06:57:35 am by Dustbak »

NBP

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 07:46:16 am »

Every color temp slider I have seen sofar operates that way.

I am very happy with LC11 as well though I only use it for shooting tethered.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129670\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, as I say I don't really use it all that much
Think I just confused myself before having had coffee this morning  

Overall, v11 is excellent.

andybuk99

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 08:14:19 am »

Having only had an Aptus 65 for a couple of months it seems to tick all the boxes. The only niggle I can see is if you have a mixture of landscape and portrait images that you want to process at a specific size percentage, say 50%, it only seems to let me apply the size reduction to the landscapes/portraits seperately and not as a full batch.

Does that make sense????????????????

nicolaasdb

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 01:50:56 pm »

I don't use v.11 for anything else but to hook my 65 up to my G5....I view my images in bridge CS3 and make a color correction in RAW 4.1 make this the default and each shot can be viewed colorcorrected

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 09:35:34 pm »

Hi
I just worked with version 11 on an Aptus 65 under a tight shooting schedule and it was perfect. I will now say good bye to version 8.3.
Thanks Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

pixjohn

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 02:46:37 am »

LC 11R Candidate 2 was just released, but still no gain utility. Help me out leaf with info about the gain utility?

According to the release note it  will now work with V8, so I will finally test V11.

Hi
I just worked with version 11 on an Aptus 65 under a tight shooting schedule and it was perfect. I will now say good bye to version 8.3.
Thanks Denis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133535\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

E_Edwards

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 04:20:03 am »

Well, from what I read, it still doesn't suport fully the Rollei digital shutters with Live View as they are meant to function, operate shutter and change aperture directly from the tethered computer.

Quoting fron the release notes:

"The Rollei® electronic shutter is supported in manual mode without the camera control cable."

Obviously this is low priority and I'm beginning to doubt whether they will ever implement it properly. A year since I bought my Aptus, I'm still compelled to use V8 which does fully support the Rollei ControlS.

In a studio with high turnover, operating the (rather horrible) Rollei ControlS manually just takes too long.

I asked in the Leaf forum and was told they were working on it, that was months ago. I'm still waiting...

Now that they seem to be getting everything else working reasonably at last, could they please attend to the small unfinished details, including the built-in gain utility, etc.

Edward
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 04:23:40 am by E_Edwards »

yaya

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 04:55:19 am »

Now that they seem to be getting everything else working reasonably at last, could they please attend to the small unfinished details, including the built-in gain utility, etc.
Edward
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133979\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is exactly the plan and you will see things moving faster from now on

Yair

E_Edwards

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 05:11:54 am »

This is exactly the plan and you will see things moving faster from now on

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133982\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Glad to hear, Yair. Can't wait to be able to use V11

Edward

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 07:45:26 am »

Well, from what I read, it still doesn't suport fully the Rollei digital shutters with Live View as they are meant to function, operate shutter and change aperture directly from the tethered computer.

Quoting fron the release notes:

"The Rollei® electronic shutter is supported in manual mode without the camera control cable."
Obviously this is low priority and I'm beginning to doubt whether they will ever implement it properly. A year since I bought my Aptus, I'm still compelled to use V8 which does fully support the Rollei ControlS.

Edward
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133979\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm in the same boat as you Edward. Until I'm able to control the Rollei Lens Controller from the software, I'm sticking with v8. I really hope we see this in V11... Could someone confirm?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up