Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya 645 MF vs. AF lenses  (Read 23344 times)

Snook

Mamiya 645 MF vs. AF lenses
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 04:45:47 pm »

Thanks DB.
I had to manually do it when I use the Pentax 6X7 Leafshutter lens.. yeh a drag but I sure Miss sync at higher Speed than 250th Canon when your lucky. Or the AFD is I think 125./th.. What a joke
Are we going backwards these days.
There are MANY MANY photographers that like to sync in daylight with high speeds. Why are all the company's lower that instead of making it better and faster..
I just do not get it.
I was looking into the RZIIproD just to be able to sync at 400./th
But it is a cumbersome camera outside the studio... And not muuch wide angle option!
Is there no other options!!! Jeez.
Why and how much does one have to stop down? One stop?
Lets say I want to shoot at 500/th F11.. you mean I have to shoot at F16?
In any case hope your divorce goes well so you can get started with MFDB...:+}
Snook
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:46:22 pm by Snook »

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 05:15:27 pm »

I have all the LEAFSHUTTER lens for the ProTL 55/80/150 and was told there is no way to use them unless I get a HASSIE back for Pro TL.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sinar backs list the Pro TL as an option

[a href=\"http://www.sinar.ch/site/index__gast-e-1780-50-1901.html]http://www.sinar.ch/site/index__gast-e-1780-50-1901.html[/url]

To go over the compatability thing again

MF lenses fit on the AFD , you have to stop them down before you shoot which is OK with say the 80 at f4 but no good with the 35 at f11 because the view is so dark

I beleive you cannot use the higher synch speed of the leaf lenses

I think the ProTL is an interesting option for a camera offering both shift and fast synch lenses at bucket prices but I found the screen to be way too dark compared to my H1

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

David Blankenship

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 06:02:18 pm »

Sinar backs list the Pro TL as an option

http://www.sinar.ch/site/index__gast-e-1780-50-1901.html

To go over the compatability thing again

MF lenses fit on the AFD , you have to stop them down before you shoot which is OK with say the 80 at f4 but no good with the 35 at f11 because the view is so dark

I beleive you cannot use the higher synch speed of the leaf lenses

I think the ProTL is an interesting option for a camera offering both shift and fast synch lenses at bucket prices but I found the screen to be way too dark compared to my H1

S

Yes,  I agree the focusing is dimmer but not that much to me, what I like is the real estate in the view finder over the 35mm dslr's view finder.  Composition and focusing seems so much better.

db
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130894\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up